Why can't I get lameboy to open it's menu in game?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Smidthmador, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Smidthmador
    OP

Newcomer Smidthmador Member

United States
    I finally got my lameboy to work on my AK2i and downloaded a few roms like pokemon blue, crystal and TCG as well as Dragon Warrior 1-2 and 3. When I play my games I can't usually get to the lameboy menu to save. The ratio is about 1/15 when I press start+Sel+L+R. Am I doing something wrong? Also I think my AK2i may have contact issues, if that can affect the utilities function.

All help appreciated!

-thx, Smidthmador.

2. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    arent you sopposed to press a button like l or r?

3. Smidthmador
    OP

United States
    I'll try that right now, but I really thought it was a button combo.

4. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    Sorry, if I'd seen it I would have told you that.

5. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    To get to the menu in Lameboy, tap the touch screen. Unless it's the touch screen that your screen is on. I don't know how to get to the menu otherwise, so I'd just set that screen to be at the top.

By the way, the default save button is X, IIRC. Unless you're trying to make a save state. Then the menu is all you've got.

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    This is a forum, not a chat room. You're mad that you didn't get the right response within a single hour? I'm with Janthran, I would have told you the answer if I had been on the forum and saw the topic before you managed to solve the problem on your own. But I am not on here 24/7, and expecting that level of help from people is rather absurd.

7. StarWolf3000

Newcomer StarWolf3000 Member

Germany
    Even if you set the Game to the Touch Screen you can just tap on it to activate the Lameboy Menu.

8. Smidthmador
    OP

United States
    I was irritated that 18 people read the post and had no suggistions. Even the guy who suggested that you press L or R was appreciated for saying anything. Granted those people could have all had the same problem and wanted to find the answer here, it just doesn't seem statistically plausible. I'm still getting helpful tips and that makes me happy, but I'm allowed to be frustrated when no one offers any help, even if it's inaccurate.