Hacking why can't gba games boot from emunand

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I have a question regarding OTP, if emunand is a copy of sysnand, is it possible to downgrade emunand to version 2.1 and extract the OTP?
I don't think so. Since emuNAND is read/write on SD instead of NAND chip.
And if it's possible, dev should developing the method and Plailect would have put it on the guide already since it should be safer than CTRNAND transfer.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No as the otp is already locked from booting sysnand.
I don't think so. Since emuNAND is read/write on SD instead of NAND chip.
And if it's possible, dev should developing the method and Plailect would have put it on the guide already since it should be safer than CTRNAND transfer.

SOOOOO....
no A9LH for me ^^

D

Deleted User

Fairly sure AL9H is like, completely safe.
It is,until someone sells out to Nintendo for 20,000$However emunand is more vulnerable since gateway could sell out first and make it so emumand stops protecting the sysnand on the next update where both nands could potentially update.But for a9lh Nintendo have to patch a update that removes it without harming stock 3ds's which is probably why they are hiring for help.If Nintendo make a update like this that try's to remove arm9 from all 3ds's it could potentially brick a wide range of 3ds's screwing there company over.

Last edited by ,

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question regarding OTP, if emunand is a copy of sysnand, is it possible to downgrade emunand to version 2.1 and extract the OTP?
That was kind of the older method. You downgraded emunand to 2.1; verify the downgrade was good then it was flashed over sysNAND to get the otp. The newer method with ctr-transfer is deemed quicker + safer.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
That was kind of the older method. You downgraded emunand to 2.1; verify the downgrade was good then it was flashed over sysNAND to get the otp. The newer method with ctr-transfer is deemed quicker + safer.
No, he means, can we downgrade emuNAND to 2.1, then using that emuNAND to get OTP.bin without touching sysNAND.
Since he fears of brick enough that he doesn't want to touch sysNAND no matter what. Which impossible.

For the people who still pushing @BlueFox gui to do A9LH, I think you should stop or guarantee him of bricking.
Since he already said he will do A9LH only when someone gonna buy him another new 3DS if he got brick.

As I & Plailect said, EVERY time you modify your system, there is always the potential for an UNRECOVERABLE brick.
If you can't guarantee him of bricking (by buying another one if brick), please stop.
He has the right to fear, and has the right to choose what he want to do with his 3DS.
If he updated sysNAND by accident or Nintendo can destroy emuNAND + Menuhax setting, he can't blame anyone but himself.
Because this is his choice.

Last edited by nechigawara,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It seems everyone forgets that a9lh can use emunand. Hell with the help of Corbenik you can use 10 emunands with a9lh.

No reason exists to not install a9lh.
Yeah, it bothers me when people make a "a9lh vs emuNAND" debate, like 5 posts above yours. It's like bringing a9lh arguments to tell why sysNAND is better than emuNAND even though they have nothing to do with the "sysNAND vs emuNAND" debate. Not saying emuNAND would win the argument without that, but still.

Reactions: nechigawara

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
No, he means, can we downgrade emuNAND to 2.1, then using that emuNAND to get OTP.bin without touching sysNAND.
Since he fears of brick enough that he doesn't want to touch sysNAND no matter what. Which impossible.

For the people who still pushing @BlueFox gui to do A9LH, I think you should stop or guarantee him of bricking.
Since he already said he will do A9LH only when someone gonna buy him another new 3DS if he got brick.

As I & Plailect said, EVERY time you modify your system, there is always the potential for an UNRECOVERABLE brick.
If you can't guarantee him of bricking (by buying another one if brick), please stop.
He has the right to fear, and has the right to choose what he want to do with his 3DS.
If he updated sysNAND by accident or Nintendo can destroy emuNAND + Menuhax setting, he can't blame anyone but himself.
Because this is his choice.
I know, that's why I said 'kind of'. So I was saying that it's a credible idea - but the 2.1 emunand would still need to be flashed over sysnand as the otp is already hidden/encrypted by the time emunand boots.

Last edited by HyperT,

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is,until someone sells out to Nintendo for 20,000$However emunand is more vulnerable since gateway could sell out first and make it so emumand stops protecting the sysnand on the next update where both nands could potentially update.But for a9lh Nintendo have to patch a update that removes it without harming stock 3ds's which is probably why they are hiring for help.If Nintendo make a update like this that try's to remove arm9 from all 3ds's it could potentially brick a wide range of 3ds's screwing there company over.
1) gateway would never. The cards themselves are outlawed anyway, considering anybody who used a clone gateway card got brick by gateway themselves.
2)we don't nessicerily use GW software for emunand cfw anymore. We use emunand9, not to mention it's not all that hard for Nintendo to figure out

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people who are afraid of everything even come here? Why do people like Blue Fox start the same argument? "I DON'T WANT TO INSTALL A9LH" Who cares? You come to a place where we discuss up to date hacks and dig your heels in and say I want to be like it was two years ago. Fine. Do it. Do it by yourself. We don't care. Leave me alone about your fear and sit in your pinto listen to your 8-tracks. Or you can live in the now. You call us retarded? You can't even figure out A9LH. Your click bait is lame. AL9H is better in every way. Fact. You can even keep your Shitty emunand and destroy your sd. Stop whining about it. Shit or get off the pot man. But don't start the same argument you and your sd hating, scared ass wimps always do. Why do you post?

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why do people who are afraid of everything even come here? Why do people like Blue Fox start the same argument? "I DON'T WANT TO INSTALL A9LH" Who cares? You come to a place where we discuss up to date hacks and dig your heels in and say I want to be like it was two years ago. Fine. Do it. Do it by yourself. We don't care. Leave me alone about your fear and sit in your pinto listen to your 8-tracks. Or you can live in the now. You call us retarded? You can't even figure out A9LH. Your click bait is lame. AL9H is better in every way. Fact. You can even keep your Shitty emunand and destroy your sd. Stop whining about it. Shit or get off the pot man. But don't start the same argument you and your sd hating, scared ass wimps always do. Why do you post?
HHHMMMMM ^^
Someone got a little rage here.:rofl2:

KomasterXX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Because of how 3DS system design, even SysNAND update from Nintendo has a chance of brick. :D
So, if you scare of bricking that much, menuhax + EmuNAND should be best for you since you don't have to access to NAND chip much.

Bricking by Updating Sysnand (from Nintendo) is what I fear the most currently. Has it been proven that this is a real possibility though?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HHHMMMMM ^^
Someone got a little rage here.:rofl2:

Why do you post? You should just lurk in the shadows with your small mind and leave us thinking individuals alone so we can solve all your problems. back to your original question, why do you have to install GBA twice? Because you are on shitty unreliable sd killing emunand,that's why. Now go away son.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Bricking by Updating Sysnand (from Nintendo) is what I fear the most currently. Has it been proven that this is a real possibility though?

Highly unlikely. If you update through the system settings you'll be fine on A9LH. Only through system settings.

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I won't talking about which setting is the best. Since if it's up to date & the user ok with it, that's what the best for him/her.
I still consider Menuhax + EmuNAND with Luma3DS being up to date because lastest Luma3DS still support this setting.
What I want to say is, many people here still using Menuhax + EmuNAND like @BlueFox gui .
So, does that mean those people also a bad guys here?

PS. @BlueFox gui isn't an OP here.

Highly unlikely. If you update through the system settings you'll be fine on A9LH. Only through system settings
There was once that official update make console brick, which you can turn it to nintendo to unbrick for free.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First dude chill, I get what your trying to say, but dilute all that sodium a little bit. Secondly, someone stated a9lh was better, and they started this whole argument. Thirdly, its not really in anybody's place to call an emunand users setup poor because they decided to not set up a9lh along side it. After all its their 3ds, not ours. If they don't feel like mucking around sysnand because they dont want to risk a brick to get something they already have done, then why blast them so hard for it?
Cause seriously, if it works and their OK with it, why pester them so much?

It's really none of our business
*cue Kermit the frog*

Last edited by Sketchy1,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sodium,lol. You take things too seriously. I am not mad. Laughing really. And your "if it works and their OK with it, why pester them so much?"?? He started this line of talk. The word retarded even came up. ANd he said his way is better. All of this is wrong and has no place in a board where we are tryin to fine the BEST solution not the most comfortable for someone who does not even matter. If you want to say that shit do it somewhere else. Why should we coddle those people? We should not. We should strive to make thigs better not make them comfartable. Like I said earlier, Why do people who are afraid of everything even come here? Why do people like Blue Fox start the same argument? "I DON'T WANT TO INSTALL A9LH" Who cares? You come to a place where we discuss up to date hacks and dig your heels in and say I want to be like it was two years ago. Fine. Do it. Do it by yourself. We don't care. Leave me alone about your fear and sit in your pinto listen to your 8-tracks. Or you can live in the now. You call us retarded? You can't even figure out A9LH. Your click bait is lame. AL9H is better in every way. Fact. You can even keep your Shitty emunand and destroy your sd. Stop whining about it. Shit or get off the pot man. But don't start the same argument you and your sd hating, scared ass wimps always do. Why do you post?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol