why can't gba games boot from emunand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by hacksn5s4, Dec 12, 2016.

1. hacksn5s4
    OP

hacksn5s4 Banned

Banned
    Aug 12, 2015
    they still boot from sysnand if you install them on both nands but why is that

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Something about dsiware/gba reading sysnand for the game to reboot into that mode.

WeedZ likes this.
  3. Daisies

Daisies Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2015
    UK
    The real question is, why do you still use emuNAND?

4. KomasterXX

KomasterXX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2016
    Kenya
    Apparently emuNAND is safer than SysNAND.

5. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    The real question is, no one cares about you, emuNAND is better.

McWhiters9511, Sinon and aos10 like this.
  6. Daisies

Daisies Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2015
    UK
    Fairly sure AL9H is like, completely safe.

question
    ˈkwɛstʃ(ə)n
    a sentence worded or expressed so as to elicit information.

7. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    You just need to install them on system nand and emunand then you can boot them in emunand

8. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    GBA VC and DS/DSi games reboot into AGB_FIRM and TWL_FIRM, respectively. There are no emuNAND patches for them, therefore they can only access sysNAND.

Kyouken and trinhno like this.
  9. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Depends on what you do. There have been reports of people breaking a9lh, not able to boot a thing even though they use it regularly. With emunand no matter what, its impossible to brick

10. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    emunand is safe too just know how to use and.... emunand is better >uO

Demian25 likes this.
  11. JCCG1989

JCCG1989 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Mexico
    Hahahaha NO, emunand it's just an outdated, dumb people's way to not mess with things, but proved uncompatible and impractical, it's matter of time those issues make the method obsolete.

metalknuxx likes this.
  12. metalknuxx

metalknuxx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    Brazil
    Santa Catarina
    You can only mess up your sysnand when you already have a9lh v2 installed if you're dumb enough to read imo

"Don't do this or you'll brick!"
    *Does it anyway*
    "Oh no, it bricked, emunand is better"

Kourin, Undi, fodder and 1 other person like this.
  13. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    when launching dsiware/gba games, it launches a new FIRM, this causes sort of a system reboot, relaunching to sysnand.

Correct me if I'm wrong

14. mikefor20

mikefor20 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 12, 2009
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    This is another case of ignorance. Its WBFS vs FAT. BETA vs VHS. Emunand is slower, less reliable, and more complicated. Did I mention slower? Emunand is also harder on your sd. BUT it leaves the nand alone. This has some benefits. If you are experimenting with new,potentially dangerous stuff maybe.. If you want multipule nands as well then you can do that. But where you guys miss is A9LH WORKS WITH EMUNAND! What you need to truly ditch is MENUHAX! IT SUCKS. DITCH YOUR BETAMAX ALREADY All I see here is , I like my shitty unreliable menuhax.! Luma and A9LH supports 4 emu nands. then from there you can copy over one of your emunands to the sysnand and try it. you wont go back but you can! Stop whining, put on your big boy pants. Do you like installing things twice? Failed boots? Everything in general being slower? Then keep emunand. A9LH has the ability to restore your bricked nand. Think bootmii. You all are just scared to drive in the fast lane. Don't complain when you can't restore a backup or if your SD dies from CONSTANT read/writes.

Last edited by mikefor20, Dec 12, 2016
    Geezerdorf likes this.
  15. BlueFox gui
    This message by BlueFox gui has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Dec 13, 2016.
    Dec 12, 2016
  16. JCCG1989
    This message by JCCG1989 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Dec 13, 2016.
    Dec 12, 2016
  17. BlueFox gui
    This message by BlueFox gui has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Dec 13, 2016.
    Dec 12, 2016
  18. JCCG1989
    This message by JCCG1989 has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Dec 13, 2016.
    Dec 12, 2016
  19. BlueFox gui
    Dec 12, 2016
  20. JCCG1989
    Dec 12, 2016
  21. BlueFox gui
    Dec 12, 2016
  22. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    That's not even a question. It was a terribly failed attempt at humor.

XRaTiX, 'Don, fodder and 2 others like this.
  23. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    if you are talking about me, no i did not try to make humor

24. sora10pls

sora10pls Official GBAtemp Trash™

Oct 25, 2015
    Canada
    I can tell, because the only funny thing about all this is the fact that you insist to defend EmuNAND over SysNAND CFW.

25. ispano

ispano Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2010
    United States
    Say that if you wish, but back it up with something. After all it's simply an opinion. EmuNAND most certainly has it's flaws, one of those being discussed here in this very thread. Safety wise, It doesn't really protect your CFW any better than A9LH does, and they both have advantages and disadvantages.

26. BlueFox gui

BlueFox gui SOMEONE

Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    NAS TERRAS DE HUE BR
    I do not want to defend so much to emunand, but the two are pretty much the same thing. Just a CFW to install pirated applications just want to play or is THE SAME THING.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The only disadvantages I see is the delay in the boot and the games of DSI and GBA, but I do not care about the delay in the boot, and I do not play DSI nor GBA, if it is to play GBA I play in xbox I always liked to play more Gba in the emulator XD

Last edited by BlueFox gui, Dec 13, 2016
    MarcusCarter likes this.
  27. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Here we go, another thread on which is better. Can't we just leave this as it is and leave it to peoples personal preference??? BOTH GIVE PEOPLE THE ABILITY TO PIRATE!!! Why tf does it honestly matter how they do it?

-Emunand is older, is harder on the SD, but eaisiest to set up, doesn't require 2.1 downgrade for o3ds, but requires 1-2 GB of SD, dependent on 3ds model, slower boot, easily restorable no matter how much you muck it up, more reliable for the noobish for initial setup cause of the zero brick chance, can have multiple which is the closest to owning 2 or more 3ds's

-A9lh grants faster boot times and no double space for gba-dsi roms, but on o3ds requires a 2.1 downgrade, runs from sysnand, higher brick chance during setup, firm protection, more reliable for smaller children who might update

Pros and cons of both, now why can't we leave it to each individual to decide which they want?? And lets not forget the magic word here: both. If you really cant decide which is better, you can go ahead and install BOTH.There is no need for people to get so hostile for either way of cfw

Last edited by Sketchy1, Dec 13, 2016