OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's assume Heaven and Hell are real, and that you are going to Hell

What is your sin? Why are you being sent to Hell?

(The very premise is that you are going to Hell, so don't try to weasel out of it - don't worry it's just for fun)

I'm going for pride

Reactions: The Catboy

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I just can't believe in the bible despite being raised christian. If I'm wrong I'm screwed but I just think it's a bunch of nonsense.

The Old Testament is filled with a lot of messed up crap like raping women, going to war and taking people as slaves in the name of GOD. It sounds more like Satan. Then the New Testament is about love and Jesus, but some argue that God in the Old Testament is Jesus, some try to ignore the Old Testament all together even though they're in the same book. I mean there are parts of the world where people don't read at all are they going to hell for not reading the bible? If that were true most christians are going to hell because I guarantee 95% or more have not read much of the bible they just listen to the preacher give them some verses and they feel good about themselves and don't remember any of it except for the famous verses like John 3:16.

I believe preachers who tell children they are going to hell are evil as fuck. I was told this as a kid and I was scared to death. If I go to hell for being a free thinker while murderers and rapist can ask for forgiveness and go to heaven, the whole system is broken. Ultimately I just believe when you die you are dead. I'm not against the idea of something creating us because how else are we here but I believe all religions are man made and have done way more bad than good.

Then there's preachers like Joel Osteen who made millions off "send money to God" why does God need money? Those peoples donations probably from many poor people gave him a mansion it's a joke. He used charm to get rich off the name of God. (His net worth is $110 million according to Google) If that isn't evil not sure what is.

I know this is not exactly the topic but this is what I felt like saying. So my sin is being a free thinker I guess.

Last edited by JayMathis,
Reactions: x65943

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I just can't believe in the bible despite being raised christian. If I'm wrong I'm screwed but I just think it's a bunch of nonsense.

The Old Testament is filled with a lot of messed up crap like raping women, going to war and taking people as slaves in the name of GOD. It sounds more like Satan. Then the New Testament is about love and Jesus, but some argue that God in the Old Testament is Jesus, some try to ignore the Old Testament all together even though they're in the same book. I mean there are parts of the world where people don't read at all are they going to hell for not reading the bible? If that were true most christians are going to hell because I guarantee 95% or more have not read much of the bible they just listen to the preacher give them some verses and they feel good about themselves and don't remember any of it except for the famous verses like John 3:16.

I believe preachers who tell children they are going to hell are evil as fuck. I was told this as a kid and I was scared to death. If I go to hell for being a free thinker while murderers and rapist can ask for forgiveness and go to heaven, the whole system is broken. Ultimately I just believe when you die you are dead. I'm not against the idea of something creating us because how else are we here but I believe all religions are man made and have done way more bad than good.

Then there's preachers like Joel Osteen who made millions off "send money to God" why does God need money? Those peoples donations probably from many poor people gave him a mansion it's a joke. He used charm to get rich off the name of God. (His net worth is $110 million according to Google) If that isn't evil not sure what is.

I know this is not exactly the topic but this is what I felt like saying. So my sin is being a free thinker I guess.
I can tell you some religious things I was taught as a kid scared the heck out of me

I was afraid of the dark because I thought Satan could roam freely

I was afraid of talking stuff out in my head because I was told the devil can talk to you in your thoughts

I was afraid to even say Satan for fear it would make him appear

I was afraid the end of the world could happen any day, and that I would likely go to hell if it did

I was afraid to touch myself because I thought it was a mortal sin

The list goes on and on ;A;

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can tell you some religious things I was taught as a kid scared the heck out of me

I was afraid of talking stuff out in my head because I was told the devil can talk to you in your thoughts

I was afraid the end of the world could happen any day, and that I would likely go to hell if it did

No telling how many innocent kids the bible has made mentally ill, whether they got over it as they got older or they didn't.

I mean there was a time I wanted to really know the bible and started reading it. I probably read 3/4ths of the bible. You could take the smartest person in the world and I don't think he could make logical sense of it. It contradicts itself over and over, different people wrote it. But of course "God told them to write it" AND it took place thousands of years ago so it must be true! If someone came out with a new book today and said "God told to me to write this" people would say "nutjob".

Last edited by JayMathis,
Reactions: IncredulousP

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry for the cringe BTW

Watching lots of gore and actually feeling pleasure.
Not kidding you.

I stopped watching it since mid-last year.
I saw many bad stuff over the course of 2019 and I felt good about it. I realized that I used to watch it when I was really, really mad.

One day I saw this ugly video, so ugly and so gruesome that I completely lost the urge to watch gore, unless it's a fucking movie, you know, that's fake as fuck and sometimes funny.
But I can tell with accuracy if a Gore Scene is accurate or not.

I personally don't believe in any religion, I'm more agnostic than anything else, but I do respect everyone's beliefs and I'd fight for their right to be wrong.

If I could change religion, I'd propose a religion based on science and comprobable facts.

Last edited by JuanMena,

IncredulousP

GBAtemp's Resident Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

omg I relate to this so much.

I'm going to hell for shitposting.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Because all the best people are there.

I mean have you ever met a pious and godly person? They are boring as anything (and that is coming from me, a man who spent the morning reading a book on canework and considered it a great use of time).

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Because all the best people are there.

I mean have you ever met a pious and godly person? They are boring as anything (and that is coming from me, a man who spent the morning reading a book on canework and considered it a great use of time).

Funnily enough, I recently read this joke:
This joke that turns the pitch of Heaven as a paradise on its head:
Religious Man: You're going to Hell.
Unfaithful Man: What's in Hell?
Religious Man: People like you.
Unfaithful Man: What's in Heaven?
Religious Man: People like me.
Unfaithful Man: You really need to work on your threats.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HellOfAHeaven

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5