GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I have been out of the PSP scene for a little while. I'm currently running 4.01M33 CFW. I'm wanting to play the new games (Assassins Creed,LBP, Tekken ect.) I'm not sure what firmware Im even needing to run those. I read somehting about patching games, and now Im lost.

So going from 4.01M33, how do I run the newer games?
Thanks!

I have a Pandora and all that*

*Also, If I need to switch/update firmwares, Will I need an original battery to update- I use the AC charger, because my only battery is a Pandora*

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like you've been around for awhile, however I think you missed the search button....

Upgrade to 5.50Gen through to 5.50GenD2 (Skip C).

2) options

a) Download only games that say in the title or .nfo that they run on 5.50GenD2

b) Use the decrypter tool to fix your .bin files so they run well.

4.01 Should allow you to go to 5.50Gen easily, just do the samething you did for 4.01 with M33, but with GEN.

The majority of plugins and apps etc that worked for M33 work for 5.50, if not there are updates for them.

Wynd

Posts merged

btw the New CFW 5.50GenD2, let's you make and turn back to normal you pandora battery. I'd recommend buying a second battery, as they are cheap. You're getting games for nothing, might as well support SONY some how.

Wynd

-aXe-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to point out that if you update to 5.50GEN-D2 that you won't have to worry about getting patched iso files. D2 allows you to play backups that require firmwares up to 6.XX without patching the iso.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks both of you. As for the Pandora I did this back before the software was available so it's been cut open and tampered with,
Thanks for the help

-aXe-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a pandora. If your on CFW, you can upgrade to a newer CFW just as you would a Sony OFW. Find yourself a 5.50GEN-D2 pack with google and just follow the instructions. I think Yoshihiro made a tool to install everything at once without the need of updating three times.

-aXe-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well if he does it with a pandora, he's still going to have to find a GEN-D2 pack. Pandora would mean the use of MMS to install CFW. Which means making a new MMS with the XGEN Pandora Installer. And then he still has to update from GEN-D to D2 with the patch placed in the Update folder on the memory stick (no way around this. D2 is a patch not a full CFW)

So, in summary; you can do it with either normal or pandora batterys. Normal battery requires you to run a couple updates. Pandora requires you to make a new MMS and then an update from your memory stick. Take your pick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs