Who watches the Watchmen ...trailer?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Constantine was the reason he didn't want movie credits. It's definitely something that stinks to high heaven like The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Yea, he's an elitist asshole, but it would seem like he appreciates the money from signing those deals away.

CannonBallZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who cares right? as long as stuff like v for vandetta, hell and watchmen as well when it comes out.....although i seem to remember there was hell of a lot going on in the watchmen to be put into film

league of extraordinary gentleman was an entertaining popcorn flick but it sucks compared to the comics..

Dack

Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/watch...mic_comparison/

A comparison of the trailer scenes and the comic book.

Looks like they may actually have made a good adaptation of a Moore novel (!!!!!!)

And apparently the original ending is now intact again (instead of the 'beatles' version).

There are also arguments going on about how long to cut it, and the concensus seems to be "if Dark Knight does well then it'll be 2:30 tto 3hrs, if Dark Knight fails then 2 Hr".

The music on the trailer is a slowed down version of the Smashing Pumpkins track "The beginning is the end of the begining" from the Batman and Robin inspired soundtrack (and also on their "Rarities and B Sides" CD).

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
I don't think Constantine was the reason he didn't want movie credits. It's definitely something that stinks to high heaven like The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Yea, he's an elitist asshole, but it would seem like he appreciates the money from signing those deals away.

Alan Moore didn't sign any movie deals away. He made the Watchmen for DC comics. Warner Bros owns DC, therefore Warner Bros gets to decide whether or not they make a Watchmen movie. Alan Moore doesn't get to say anything about it. It's all part of the unfortunate way intellectual property is treated in the US. It's just like how bands on a major label don't own their albums, the record labels do.

I'm looking forward to this movie. 300 was a really great faithful adaptation and it looks like Watchmen has a good chance of being the same.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know Alan Moore is please that Zack Snyder is doing it and that when he visited the set he was pleased that the actors were concerned about how they portrayed the characters but to him he doesn't see the point in a film when its already represented in another form.

EDIT: Just saw this:
http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/891/891985p1.html

WB are gonna do Watchmen & Batman "motion comics".

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hadrian said:
Orc said:
This movie is gonna be awesome because we know that the real reason mthrnite is away is that he's playing Rorschach in this film.
I knew I recognised him from somewhere! Maniac Cop 3!
I lol'd that he's also Dukes from Semi-Pro.

EDIT: Maniac Cop 3 = awesome. They love airing those old B stuff here in the Philippines...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Sicklyboy, I haven't really tested actual mah but ye paid full price a month later discounts...