Who watches the Watchmen ...trailer?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by matriculated, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Jiggah

Jiggah GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 9, 2002
    United States
    I don't think Constantine was the reason he didn't want movie credits. It's definitely something that stinks to high heaven like The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Yea, he's an elitist asshole, but it would seem like he appreciates the money from signing those deals away.

2. CannonBallZ

CannonBallZ GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2007
    United States
    who cares right? as long as stuff like v for vandetta, hell and watchmen as well when it comes out.....although i seem to remember there was hell of a lot going on in the watchmen to be put into film

league of extraordinary gentleman was an entertaining popcorn flick but it sucks compared to the comics..

3. Dack

Dack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 26, 2007
    UK
    http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/watch...mic_comparison/

A comparison of the trailer scenes and the comic book.

Looks like they may actually have made a good adaptation of a Moore novel (!!!!!!)

And apparently the original ending is now intact again (instead of the 'beatles' version).

There are also arguments going on about how long to cut it, and the concensus seems to be "if Dark Knight does well then it'll be 2:30 tto 3hrs, if Dark Knight fails then 2 Hr".

The music on the trailer is a slowed down version of the Smashing Pumpkins track "The beginning is the end of the begining" from the Batman and Robin inspired soundtrack (and also on their "Rarities and B Sides" CD).

4. Lyuse

Lyuse Newbie

Why does Ozy look so young

5. Pigwooly

Pigwooly GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2007
    United States
    Alan Moore didn't sign any movie deals away. He made the Watchmen for DC comics. Warner Bros owns DC, therefore Warner Bros gets to decide whether or not they make a Watchmen movie. Alan Moore doesn't get to say anything about it. It's all part of the unfortunate way intellectual property is treated in the US. It's just like how bands on a major label don't own their albums, the record labels do.

I'm looking forward to this movie. 300 was a really great faithful adaptation and it looks like Watchmen has a good chance of being the same.

6. Hadrian

Hadrian Everybofy knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    United States
    I know Alan Moore is please that Zack Snyder is doing it and that when he visited the set he was pleased that the actors were concerned about how they portrayed the characters but to him he doesn't see the point in a film when its already represented in another form.

EDIT: Just saw this:
    http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/891/891985p1.html

WB are gonna do Watchmen & Batman "motion comics".

7. Orc

Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Feb 10, 2006
    Hong Kong
  8. Hadrian

Hadrian Everybofy knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    United States
    I knew I recognised him from somewhere! Maniac Cop 3!

9. Orc

Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Feb 10, 2006
    Hong Kong
    I lol'd that he's also Dukes from Semi-Pro.

EDIT: Maniac Cop 3 = awesome. They love airing those old B stuff here in the Philippines...

10. gov78

gov78 Ha made you Look

Feb 14, 2007
    London
    From the trailer it looks quite true to the graphic novel. I hope they dont do anything stupid with the chreacters or story.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted