OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
if you want to see other options up there just ask

i figured i'd make a poll cause my day is slow so far.

oh yeah and fyi NCARD is the little thingy in my sig. it tells you what games i have played most on my wii by updating the information via a little homebrew app.

and another thing wiiflow now records what game you are playing in the gameplay history in your message board/nintendo channel.

minus_273

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
thats because the fucking giantbomb is giantdouche. ben i been really playing skate it for wii but they dont have the fucking cover for some gay reason.

i grab whatever the cover is on giantbomb. one thing you can do is change the defualt image on the giantbomb wiki to be non console specific and that will correct it on the sig when you update it. I'd love to have a wii only thing but it would require me to maintain a database of games on my own and it would require effort to keep it up to date.

one feature i am working on for the next version is friends lists (i.e. you can use a persons username to get their wii code ) and sending messages like on live

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
that would be freaking amazing. i love your ideas and thoughts. how about inputting friend codes for every game that way all you need is a username to get the fc's for every game they play.

and im hoping these features will be available in the wii app aswell?

and as for database, what about wiitdb.com? its right there free to use and it has covers and is always up to date. sometimes ahead of date.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
I got the NCard client software and found out that Wiiflow didn't record games played, so it just uploaded a bunch of crap titles for all of my emulator forwarders. Glad to hear Wiiflow now supports the play history (I didn't know until I read your post cus I haven't really kept up on updates since I haven't had any real issues with it besides that). I'll definitely be using it more now (you can see I already use it in my sig, I just had to add those games manually on the website, waiting for Wiiflow to support this, but that kind of defeats the purpose...).

+1 for wiitdb over giantbomb. I mean, it basically exists solely for apps like this or the USB Loaders to scrape from it and it's Wii specific. It's the perfect match for your needs.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
yeah i just got rid of all my forwarders but one (wiiflow) for this very reason. is there a way to wipe your gameplay history and start fresh? (without factory reset/virginizing)

After it uploaded all of the junk titles I added all of my forwarder channels to the ID Exclusion list (it's a .txt file in the client's app folder) and then manually readded my last 5 games and haven't had an issue since. No need to delete the forwarders. That's what the exclusion list is for.

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
Im not using Ncard right now, but i do have a account registered there.
But now that the homebrew client is out of private beta, i may actually set this thing up as soon as i can access my Wii again.
smile.gif

(Summer vacation ftw!)

minus_273

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does use wiitdb but only for matching the game id to a game name. As far as i know there is no upto date database that i can query off the web and i need to download a new copy and upload it to my server regularly. The box art is from giant bomb the reason i do this is so people can keep any game they want on their card and not just wii games. Many people include DS games on their ncards.

I am thinking of using wiitdb and just using wii box arts for people using the client and giantbomb for those using the website.

friends lists, online notification and messaging will be in the client and just like xbox live, you will be able to send messages to people running the client from the website. my goal is to get the system closer and closer to the functionality provided by live.

a few other people have told me about card not showing in the client. I am looking into it. It was a feature added in beta 4, so it is still being improved.

Dark-Aries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just made one. Real awesome idea. Can we put our own background images? The ones to choose from right now are kind of limited...

minus_273

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill let people submit images for backgrounds. I am not going to allow uploads of images because i dont want to get in the business of moderating that stuff for inapropriate/illegal images.

Dark-Aries

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got 3 people to join and use it on another forum..Now if this thing can only built into the System Menu...Then it would automatically update the ncard...

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
yeah i just got rid of all my forwarders but one (wiiflow) for this very reason. is there a way to wipe your gameplay history and start fresh? (without factory reset/virginizing)
I am looking for a way to clear the history too. I played an import that added a japanese entry which bombs ncard and results in a dsi err. Any chance we can get ncard to skip those entries?

On a side note, a guiless version that could be linked to priiloader would be great. It would update when ever you start the wii.

minus_273

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boondoklife said:
terminal_illness said:
I am looking for a way to clear the history too. I played an import that added a japanese entry which bombs ncard and results in a dsi err. Any chance we can get ncard to skip those entries?

On a side note, a guiless version that could be linked to priiloader would be great. It would update when ever you start the wii.

There will be a priiloader version along with a regular one in the .5 release.
There is an exclude file that the client reads to ignore gmaes. Try putting the code for the japanese game in that file and see if it helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/86HNVHp9ts4?si=ZtnzsnhlNxNN-Fnu