Who loves the Mario RPGS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Jothri, Jan 31, 2010.

Jan 31, 2010

Who loves the Mario RPGS by Jothri at 4:57 PM (2,137 Views / 0 Likes) 29 replies

1. Jothri
    OP

Newcomer Jothri Advanced Member

United States
    Who has played any of the mario RPG games? Mario is my favorite character. I haven't gotten the chance to buy the M&L Bowser's Inside Story yet [​IMG] . I have a flash cart, but the M&L rpgs, for me, are worth buying. I have also played the Super Nintendo Mario rpg, but I haven't played any of the Paper Mario games. Any one who has the Inside Story one rate it 1 - 10, 10 being the best, Please don't spoil [​IMG]
    I only use emulators and the DS. I also have one of those controllers with like 70 old games, like tetris... But anyway about the M&L RPGS...

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    In order of greatness for me:

1. Paper Mario. 10/10
    2. Mario & Luigi 3. 9/10
    3. Mario & Luigi. 8.5/10
    4. Paper Mario 2. 8/10
    5. Super Mario RPG. 8/10
    6. Super Paper Mario. 7.5/10
    7. Mario & Luigi 2. 7.5/10

Mario & Luigi 3 is the only one that I played once though, the others at least twice.

3. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    Tons of people have played them. Read a review somewhere if you want to know if you'll like it. Changing font and color several times in a post is obnoxious.

4. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I love them all, and have played them all. I'll follow Hadrian's lead and post my own list here-

1- Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars (10/10)
    2- Paper Mario (9.5/10)
    3- Paper Mario TTYD (9.5/10)
    4- Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story (9/10)
    5- Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (9/10)
    6- Super Paper Mario (8.5/10)
    7- Mario & Luigi Partners in Time (8/10)

I'm partial to Mario RPG on SNES. It is my personal favorite game of all time (IMO of course), and my first RPG. It was a magical experience, can't help but love it to death.

5. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    I can't give them specific ratings, but if you like mario games, GET PAPER MARIO.
    They are my favorite games of any mario game. They are very charming, and pretty fun to boot.

Mario RPG and the Mario&Luigi series are also great. I love playing 'em.

6. Jothri
    OP

Newcomer Jothri Advanced Member

United States

The Mario & Luigi series is indeed great.

7. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    I like how your using different font and used a thread icon [​IMG]

Also, I recommend Paper Mario for the N64.

8. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I definitely love all the Mario RPGs, and they all get at least a 9/10 on my list. If you want a really, REALLY good Mario rpg, definitely get Paper Mario. You will not regret it at all. I still find myself playing it, so it's probably the only N64 game I ever go back to. Seriously, you should try the Paper Mario series.

9. Empoleom

Member Empoleom GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    the best is super mario rpg i was at the 6 doors it was hard

10. jerbz

Member jerbz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    honestly no rpg games hits me the same like super mario rpg legend of the seven stars.
    its my top RPG game besides chrono trigger.
    ive tried other mario rpgs here and there but thats my favorite.
    also mario and luigi bowsers inside story is pretty fckn good.

11. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    I love Mario RPG, I find other RPG like Final Fanasty like shit though as RPGs aren't my thing.

12. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    SMRPG is overrated, IMO. Personally, I love the Paper Mario series.

13. granville

United States
    Please tell me you didn't jump on the *insert game here is overrated* fad... There's enough of that on GameFAGs without it infesting this joint. [​IMG]

14. Win

Newcomer Win Advanced Member

Germany
    superstar saga still #1
    bowsers inside story is pretty fuckin good too.

15. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Granville is overrated, IMO. Personally, I love any other user. [​IMG]

I'm just kidding.

Anyway, Super Mario RPG was really damn good. I haven't really bothered with Paper Mario outside of Super Paper Mario (which is hardly a RPG, just a platformer with level-up elements), and I thought that Mario and Luigi RPG games were pretty meh outside of Bowser's Inside Story, which was fantastic. Partners in time is probably my least favorite.

16. Danny Tanner

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I didn't play SMRPG untill years after it was released, on an emulator. I got bored with it, but it wasn't bad. The only portable Mario RPG I liked was Partners in Time, the other two got on my nerves, I just didn't like the humor. The (first two) Paper Mario games were beyond good though. The last one was decent too, just not as good, IMO.

17. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I found the Paper mario games couldn't hold my attention, as for Partners in Time, I have started it, but not returned to it (I keep meaning to), but Bowser's inside Story, what a cracking game that is, I am near completion.

18. Forstride

United States
    No, I seriously think it's overrated, and people praise it too much...I'm not going to agree with everyone just to sound cool like some people do (I'm not saying anyone here is doing it, but I've seen people do it on the internet, and in real life).

19. granville

United States
    I NEVER said you had to like or praise it or agree with anyone. You completely missed the point. What I said is that you jumped on the "overrated fad train". What calling a game overrated or claiming people praise it too much is called invalidating other peoples' opinions. People genuinely like the game, and you have no right to say people overpraise it JUST because YOU didn't like it. What you say is "I didn't like it, it didn't appeal to me". You don't go around saying "OMG this game is overrated, everyone praises it too much and it doesn't deserve it". That's what it sounds like. Try to tell anyone that sounds intelligent, good luck convincing anyone, unless they share that opinion.

I praise it because it's my favorite game. I genuinely think it's a good game. Also, It's special to me, being my first RPG and i really came to like it. I also have legit reasons I consider it good. I do NOT care if someone doesn't like it. But i'll stick to the fact that using the overrated term is really getting obnoxious, almost as bad as tossing the word fanboy around like everyone does nowadays (you know, if someone expresses even the slightest interest in a game or console, they're mindless fanboys to the opposing opinion).

Again, dislike it. That's not the point. The point is to stop trying to claim a game is overrated just because YOU didn't like it. I'm sure there are a ton of games you love that people would claim are overrated. It's called an opinion, but I suggest expressing yours in a way that doesn't make you sound so arrogant or willing to invalidate other people's likes. Here's a list of games i've seen almost everyone hate on for being overrated-
    - GTA, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mario, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Metal Gear (or Solid), Sonic (classic series, you can hate on new ones all you want).

I'm sure you like at least one game of each of those series. If not, pick ANY game you like. There are people who would use the overrated fad to try to tear you down there and smash your opinion, and everyone else who shares that opinion. You see now how different saying "I didn't like this game" and "this game is overrated, people praise it too much" sound? The first is expressing YOUR opinion while leaving others alone. The second is expressing your opinion and also tearing down the opinions of other people, making it look like you consider their opinions not worthy of listening to. Did it ever occur to you that people have different opinions that yours? Or maybe that they genuinely enjoy a game you didn't like, or consider it worthy of praise? Think about it, or maybe you won't read this. Whatever. Long post is long.

20. Forstride

United States
    It's not really bashing anyone. It's MY opinion that it's overrated. Also, I never said it doesn't deserve a lot of praise and people shouldn't praise it, I said a lot of people do praise it, a lot of which are just agreeing with others to seem cool, popular, etc...The same thing can be said for music, movies, books, etc. And how is the term overrated obnoxious? It's a valid term that can be said about a lot of things, such as SMRPG. By the way, if you don't care if people hate SMRPG or not, then why are you bitching about me not liking it? And don't say you posted that because I was turning down other peoples' opinions, because I wasn't...I was expressing MY opinion.