Hacking Who here is still on 10.3? Why?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 10.3 because if I hardbrick my n3DS, I can't afford to replace it. I've just packaged it up to send it to @gamesquest1 to have a NAND port installed. As soon as that's done and I've backed up my NAND, I'll be downgrading.

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
I'm on multiple Versions, I don't care about Piracy at all, as long as I can play the latest Games, without any additional effort.
I always make sure my New 3DSs are on the latest Versions, same with my Capture 3DSs.
My New 3DS LL on 9.9, just in case I can't use any Homebrew on the others anymore, and my Dev 3DSs are on any Firmware I want them to be on, because Upgrading and Downgrading is just a matter of putting a SystemUpdater CSU File on a Flash Card.

Leanny

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I downgraded to 9.2E, RXTools says the exploit is not executeable and then I went back to 10.3 because everything works there lol

Edit: worked on the 2nd try. Now I stay on 10.3 emunand :D

Last edited by Leanny,

KirinRaikage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm on 10.3E, but I receive my new SD Tuesday, and I heard that Nintendo will release 10.4 Tuesday. So I wonder if they'll patch Browserhax exploit, and if they do so, what entrypoint should I use when they'll release the update.

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Came back today since November and downgraded my 3DS from 10.3, stable as hell, I had forgotten how quick 9.2 was. Who is responsible for this? I should buy him a pizza or a beer.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Downgraded my original 3ds i had system transfered from to 9.2E successfully in only 2 tries, setup rxtools, latest emunand, autoboot and a couple of mario cias and gifted it to my little brother...

Reactions: Wolfy

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a N3DS and I've thought about it and it just doesn't really seem worth it to me. I'm pretty content with the just the emulators and shufflehax.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My n3dsxl is still on 10.3 - there are a few reasons for this;
  1. my n3dsxl is my 'main' 3ds (everything's legit - aside from the recent 'legit' cia's I've installed on it), and it contains all my original data system-transferred from my original launch-day 3ds including several years worth of legit eshop purchases and Mii Plaza data - so there's no way I'm prepared to format it to assist in downgrading.
  2. I already had an o3ds with cfw on it long before the recent downgrading developments - so I'm covered in that regard.
  3. ...and I've got a Sky3ds ^_^
I'll be sticking on 10.3 for a while though... if more reliable downgrade methods become available and/or the ability to have current fw version emunand on n3ds becomes a reality, I'll downgrade it in a heartbeat :D

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Got a N3DS and I've thought about it and it just doesn't really seem worth it to me. I'm pretty content with the just the emulators and shufflehax.
Indeed, I quite agree that you don't need anything more and that setting up a CFW is an annoying process, not to mention it needs a downgrade in your case and that's "dangerous".
But, you'll probably be more annoyed when Nintendo makes their update, Smash makes their update, and then you'll have to choose between emulators and online Smash (Smash is just an example, you can replace that with another game) (except if eShop spoofers are updated too).

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Still in 10.3 because I have a N3ds and right now I'm playing a digital version of yo-kai watch who need 9.8 o 9.9 to run properly, I know there is a incoming update to 10.3 in rxtools and reinand or you can grab a crypto fix version on that iso site but I can waith until rxtools or reinand release their respective updates.

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sysnand or emunand?
On sysnand I'm running 9.2, because I like having cfw, but on emunand I'm running 10.3 so I can access eshop, play online and play games that require newer fw

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legit CIA(s) are enough for me with a 0 percent brick chance and always play online.
Actually even installing legit CIA's has a very small chance of bricking your 3ds.

For everyone else now, if you have an o3ds is basically safe to downgrade with sysUpdater. Very minimal chance of bricking. n3ds still has to wait a bit.

Mustaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm on 10.0.27 now and got a Sky3ds Blue. Also just using the homebrew launcher with some legit CIA's. But I'm planning to donwgrade but don't know when :P
If I upgrade my software to 10.3 now, I won't lose the homebrew launcher or the CIA"s I installed right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe