KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Switch/ Average ergonomics {***}
Ergonomics/ skull grip case dockable {*******}
Fixed the problem

There is still the autonomy (bad...) {**} Clip-on battery? 3200mh not enough... for me Too bad...., plus with the grip, I don't know if it works. Clip-on battery.nomad {***)

Joycon dpad {****}
Dpad hori or other {******}
The best it is shell joycon, we dismantle, we go up and we have dpad+ all the functions, hd rumble gyro shell joycon dpad {*******}
In short a lot of defects, and the fixed it costs money, nintendo would have planned before, I would have made savings.

Yokimari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a terrible time with build quality on my switch, I pretty much use it in docked mode only and that causes everything from the screen lifting to little cracks appearing by the vent..

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I had a terrible time with build quality on my switch, I pretty much use it in docked mode only and that causes everything from the screen lifting to little cracks appearing by the vent..
This is my primary gripe as well. For a device primary made for kids, it sure is easy to damage. Everything from the plastic scratching and cracking to the damn charge controller exploding. Too many a ways to hurt or kill it!

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Things I guess I "hate" about the Switch:
  • Not light enough. It should be max 10 grams for me to consider it perfect.
  • Of course the battery, it lasts too little. I would be OK with 24 hours of gaming on one charge.
  • ...pro controllers are expensive?
  • Mediocre joycon range. Please, I can still use my X360 gamepad from three rooms away.
  • Every second game is a port. I already have a Wii U, and it still works.
  • The charging connector is below, but it has a kickstand. Why. You. Idiots.
  • Rudimentary indie ports, generally with awful performance... Just check "The Sexy Brutale".
  • Overpriced dock... come on, it's barely more than an adapter. Why should I either pay that much or get an unreliable third party one.
  • It doesn't support Bluetooth audio. I don't give a fuck about the potential excuses.
  • Dude, METROID PRIME 4 FUCKING WHERE?

Yokimari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my primary gripe as well. For a device primary made for kids, it sure is easy to damage. Everything from the plastic scratching and cracking to the damn charge controller exploding. Too many a ways to hurt or kill it!

The screen got so bad at one point that it was OFF OF THE SYSTEM, I had to press it down.. apparently the system got so hot that it would soften the glue holding the screen on to the system. I called Nintendo and they were like "Yeah that's supposed to happen". Nope.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The screen got so bad at one point that it was OFF OF THE SYSTEM, I had to press it down.. apparently the system got so hot that it would soften the glue holding the screen on to the system. I called Nintendo and they were like "Yeah that's supposed to happen". Nope.
Lol. I always said the screen was going to drop out (that's the build quality and you can see it kind of popping out a bit in mine) but I wasn't being serious.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This really puts me off on the idea of getting a switch someday...

radicalwookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love my Switch. Id buy a second one if I had money.
As for the flaws..hmmm I'm thinking really hard but none come to mind really.
Maybe the fact that its not waterproof hehe?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
This really puts me off on the idea of getting a switch someday...
Seriously consider one now if you're into getting all of the games for free forever, as well as homebrew. It might be hard in the future to get a Switch that isn't patched of the Tegra exploit. No excuse for the shit build quality, but at least if the display ever goes bunk on these things you can still use it in docked mode.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously consider one now if you're into getting all of the games for free forever, as well as homebrew. It might be hard in the future to get a Switch that isn't patched of the Tegra exploit. No excuse for the shit build quality, but at least if the display ever goes bunk on these things you can still use it in docked mode.
Eh, not even the games are worth being pirated as of now... I'm still waiting until titles that i like get released, if not, well, not missing anything at all.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Some people dislike the "d-pad" and yadda yadda.. The pro controller d-pad is flawed, the joycons really aren't.. Unless you have a defective set.

I agree on this one, the pro controller's dpad Is akward, specifically on fighting games, in the other Hans the directional bottons on the left joycon feels natural enough for fighting games IMO.

Enviado desde mi LG-X240 mediante Tapatalk

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I agree on this one, the pro controller's dpad Is akward, specifically on fighting games, in the other Hans the directional bottons on the left joycon feels natural enough for fighting games IMO.

Enviado desde mi LG-X240 mediante Tapatalk
I can say the same in regards of playing d-pad intensive platformers like Celeste.

Reactions: Kioku

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you get used to lack of diagonals on the joy-con d-pad, switching quickly from opposite directions is slower than with even the thumbstick let alone a real d-pad. That's an issue for platformers as well as certain fighting games.

There's a good reason the joy-con is lacking but zero excuse for the expensive pro controller. Feels more like a conspiracy to push the $60 nintendo online controllers that only Nintendo's own NES games can even use.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Yokimari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. I always said the screen was going to drop out (that's the build quality and you can see it kind of popping out a bit in mine) but I wasn't being serious.

I had to occasionally press it back down as well, one time I let it go and waited to see how far it would "float" out, and it was up quite a bit before I pressed it back down again. The poor build quality is very uncharacteristic of Nintendo, I wonder what went wrong this time.

I will clarify that the screen never left the system completely, but it did lift up quite a bit to the point that I was afraid the screen would stop functioning.

Last edited by Yokimari,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to occasionally press it back down as well, one time I let it go and waited to see how far it would "float" out, and it was up quite a bit before I pressed it back down again. The poor build quality is very uncharacteristic of Nintendo, I wonder what went wrong this time.

I will clarify that the screen never left the system completely, but it did lift up quite a bit to the point that I was afraid the screen would stop functioning.
LOL take a look at my thread.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-...-your-switch-from-bending-or-cracking.511153/

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't call hate but I really wished they had way better analogue sticks and both positioned at the same level but what I can actually say I hate is why Nintendo doesn't support analogue triggers...

Also, I wanted way more types of gamrs other than Pokémon, super Mario, Zelda, Jap type RPGs and anything for decades from Nintendo, I wish they had better pricing for Devs and would do everything to get as much Devs interested as possible.

And I thought it was this time, but I guess I'm wrong in the fact that I'm still dreaming with a portable console which almost everything coming out for PC\PS\Xbox would also come out 4 a portable console were we could enjoy almost any game portable even with its downsides in graphics\performance\battery life...

I bet if the same console just had Nintendo logo changed for M$ like Xbox portable we would automatically have a ton more games to play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +1
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on...