Who else is excited for D2?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Swamp7hing, May 5, 2010.

May 5, 2010

Who else is excited for D2? by Swamp7hing at 9:26 PM (2,345 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. Swamp7hing
    OP

Newcomer Swamp7hing Member

Canada
    Dementium 1 was great, and D2 comes out today... who else is excited? [​IMG]

2. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    you double posted a topic. and D2 came out yesterday.

to answer your question, im exited. it's got a survival mode to it.

3. Swamp7hing
    OP

Canada
    I've heard it was short, but Renegade Kid is a developer I love to support. I can't find a copy around me, though.

4. haflore

Member haflore aeternaliter fluxa

United States
    Me either..

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. [​IMG]

[Read the IGN Review]

5. Dartz150

Member Dartz150 GBATemp Official Lolicon Onii-chan™

Mexico
    Im too, i'm at least searching if there is a rom, but no one have dumped it yet....

6. tombot

Member tombot GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I could see using commercial roms for Pokemon or something that is bound to make oodles of money anyway. But this is a very small developer releasing original and innovative material. Please buy the game and support them so they can continue.

7. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    well i am excited because i am running out of games to hack [​IMG]

8. iamthemilkman

Member iamthemilkman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I second this. I bought Dementium II yesterday (and I pre-ordered it and got a signed poster from RK for doing so).

These guys are awesome and deserve to be rewarded for it. I'm not trying to bring my holier-than-thou attitude in, but these guys work their asses off and the results are good.

If they don't make any profit, they won't be able to continue. Sadly, though, SouthPeak is the publisher, and they're known for fucking over the developers.

9. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    nghh... can't wait for game to be dumped... though I am going to buy the game when i get $ [​IMG]

10. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    not really....FPS games make me hurl [​IMG]

11. Overman1977

Member Overman1977 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Dementium was lackluster...all I did was push at the touchscreen with my stylus over and over again....literally minutes of fun. Not even gonna download the sequel. I vote 'nay'.

12. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I think the game will be worth a play through. Everything I've read everywhere from people who own it say it's a great game, but short. And they say this pretty unanimously. Great, but short. Very little variation.

So while I plan to play this "great" game at some point, the lack of funds stops me from buying it right now. When you take the length into consideration, it seems even less practical to spend $30 on it anyway.....maybe when it hits the sce.....err....I mean bargain bin, then I'll check it out. At least that's how I'm rationalizing it when I know I can't afford to spend the money on it.

I know there are people who like to play games multiple times to collect or unlock everything or to up the challenge with higher difficulties, but I'm generally not one of those people and with a game like this I doubt I'd play through it more than once.

The ironic thing is, many of the best games I've ever played were generally considered "too short" by the gaming community.

I wonder if the game may have some nasty AP that the hackers feel they must attempt to crack before they release it to the scene and that's why it's not dumped yet. You never know....well....unless you buy it and dump it yourself and see if has AP or not, of course. [​IMG]

13. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    It seems the biggest ( and quite only ) complain about this game it's the length of the adventure...
    I must say more often these days, when a game is labeled " too short " by others, it's usually the right length or maybe even too long for me......
    Anyway who's got the time to spend 40+ hour on a game, when there are so many to choose from ?
    I don't really mind games a little short ( surely too short like 2-3 hours would be really a joke ), personally I get bored after a while playing the same game.
    So I welcome shorter games , so I can play more games.
    This looks really good, I'm looking forward to it !

14. Dartz150

Member Dartz150 GBATemp Official Lolicon Onii-chan™

Mexico
    Yeah, I got sick of waiting, I better buy it, see ya!!! [​IMG]

15. Toa_235

Newcomer Toa_235 Romantic_Carpet

Croatia
    i`ve played Dementium The Ward, liked it, it`s a great game for DS, but during the gameplay it seemed to me as if something`s missing, anyway i look forward to playing it and maybe getting an original copy of the game... i hope it gets dumped soon

16. Swamp7hing
    OP

Canada
    Totally agree. I think it's going to be great - 60 FPS, DS FPS, whats there to complain about? Length isn't terrible, either. Short and sweet, I say.

17. DarkFocus

Member DarkFocus GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    it's because you pirate games that you consider short games alright but if you payed for all your games you'd want to make sure you were getting your moneys worth.

18. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    So I guess in my views I represent most GBAtemers, right ?
    I know there are a bunch of guys here that actually buy games, but there is also a whole lot of us who don't, therefore I don't think my comment applies only to myself .
    For me ( and a lot of people here ) really long games are impractical, unless you have nothing to do all day long but just play games.
    Decent, medium sized games ( 8- 10 hours, even 6-7 is good IMO ) are the way to go.
    Download, transfer, play >>>>>>>>move over...........
    Really, with an AK2i and 4GB full of games do we really need each one of them to last 30+ hour ? Thank God no............