White m3 gba expansion case

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by dhjohn, Jul 22, 2009.

Jul 22, 2009

White m3 gba expansion case by dhjohn at 2:49 PM (1,113 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. dhjohn
    OP

Member dhjohn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I purchased an m3i zero and a m3 gba expansion pack a few days ago, and the expansion came in yesterday (still waiting for the m3i so I can use it), however, it only came with the lback lite case, the clear lite case, and the clear phat case. Sense I have a white ds lite, I was thinking of getting the set of replacement cases to get a white case, but I was wondering on the quality of the case.

The clear case seems much flimsier then the black one, and if the white is as flimsy as the clear, I'd rather not bother and just stick with the black.
    So, is the white built sturdy like the black case?

Also, on a side note, can sukura display a custom icon for a specific file? I've gotten used to Akaio showing nice custom icons for gba games.

Thanks in advance,
    dhjohn

2. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    The clear case is probably flimsy as there isn't shit in it (unless you did replace the insides.)

While I can't help, I'm also curious about GBA games having icons.

3. dhjohn
    OP

United States
    Yes, I did move the hardware into the clear case.

4. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    Hello... I bought the set with white case... I can say, it is the nicest GBAlite case I have (except for the OEM dust cover) -- I have 3in1+ & M3perfect lite, and next to those cases, it is nicer -- but, it is basically the same quality as the black and clear-black one -- i didn't notice a difference in my set... (I thought the clear one was just as good as the others)

Does the GBA expansion work natively with the M3 Zero? I just got the GBA expansion set and was considering whether to get the M3 Real or Zero to go with it... Can you tell me, with the Zero, does it play .gba files direct from Sakura?

Regards!

5. RalphUp

Member RalphUp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes you can play GBA games directly from Sakura and TouchPod with the GBA expansion card, you can also use the M3 perfect as as GBA expansion card (as long as its one that supports GBA as some of the later M£ perfect slot 2 cards were NDS only)

6. RalphUp

Member RalphUp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had different shell sets from my collection of M3 Real and Perfect and Micro SD.

by swapping the shells around (and spray painting some Black) I now have the following:

Light Blue Rumble Pack for my Daughters Light Blue DS Light with a Black top loader M3 Real
    Pink Rumble Pack for my other Daughters Pink DS Light with a White top loader M3 Real
    2 Grey transparent GBA expansions for the above.

A Black Rumble Pack for my Black DS Lite with a Black side loader M3 Real
    A Black GBA Expansion Pack for my Black DS Lite
    A Black Rumble / RAM Pack for my Black DS Lite

A Black Perfect SD Micro for my Silver DS Phat / GBA with a Black top loader M3 Real and an M3 Simple
    A Grey transparent SD MINI for my Silver DS Phat / GBA

And a M3i Zero for my Black DSi, just waiting now for GBA emulator for DSi ;-)

Never been a fan of White DS's

7. Zantom07

Newcomer Zantom07 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    dhjohn, your black case is exactly the same as the white case, just black. The reason the clear ones are flimsy is because they aren't made of the same plastic.

In other words, black case = white case. Black & White case > Clear case.

8. dhjohn
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the replies, I purchased the gba expansion replacement cases from Real Hot Stuff, but only recieved a lite sized clear, and a gba sized clear, both of which I already have (the product desc. says it comes with a white)...

Does anyone know where where a white lite sized expansion case can be bought?

~dhjohn

9. Zantom07

Newcomer Zantom07 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    You should contact them, and send it back for a refund first (if possible) before considering buying another set of cases.