Whip (KoF) = Super Skrull (UMvC3)

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Note: This is not flaming, baiting, or trolling of any sort. I am not insulting either series. Keep in mind that all creative works are derivative. This is merely an observation.)

I've made an interesting discovery lately. It seems that there are two characters from entirely different fighting games with precisely the same play design.

These two characters are Whip from King of Fighters and Super Skrull from Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (I know he was in vanilla MvC3.)

What do I mean, you ask? Well, almost every one of Whip's moves has an equivalent with Super Skrull's movelist.

Whip's forward + A attack (Whip Shot), in which she whips forward up to five times, is mirrored by Super Skrull's neutral attack tap (Tenderizer). Both attack from long range in quick, successive strikes.

Super Skrull's Elastic Slam, in which he grabs an opponent from range and then proceeds to slam them against the ground multiple times, is mirrored by Whip's "String Shot", whereas she also grabs an opponent from range with her whip. They also have low, medium, and high varieties depending on the button pushed for the combination.

Whip's Assassin Strike, in which she pulls herself offscreen with her whip and lands on a different part of the playing field, is mirrored by Super Skrull's Meteor Smash, in which he shoots himself upward and lands either where he was standing, in the middle of the screen, or on the other side of the screen.

Obviously, there are some small differences here and there, such as in physical character design differences, differences with the engine, and a couple of moves that aren't mirrored, but I thought it was interesting that the special moves which make most of the flavor for each character were extraordinarily similar.

Thus, by and large, Whip = Super Skrull.

*takes bow*

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, as I said, engine differences and move differences. (You could say there is a mirror between UMvC3's Hyper Combo and KoF's SDMs, but again, it's all engine.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nTzbgDGWM