Hacking Which would be easier for big N to patch out?

Which do ya think?

• A9lh is gonna die, sorry we challenged your dominance menuhax :(

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • FUK menuhax, a9lh is never gonna go b*tches!!!!

Votes: 56 64.4%
  • Both are gonna go. R.I.P the cfw scene

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Nintendos developers are too sh!tty. neither is going anywhere.

Votes: 22 25.3%

• Total voters

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe menuhax + emuNAND, A9LH not really no because of FIRM0/FIRM1 (i think its only one) are corrupt and there is no way of updating
Lml, but didn't we just go over how a hardware revision can break it :D
And I think it was firm0

Sketchy1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yeah then, without a hardware revision, they can't really break either then?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well OK, that partition table check. That could potentially fk over menuhax->cfw

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt they can patch menuhax if your on 9.2 with an emunand set up Maybe they can break your emunand with a sw update but you could just set it up again... maybe a9lh can be broken with an update and brick your device since my understanding of it is your updating your sysnand not emunand but once again you could also restore a backup I don't think it's possible for Nintendo to kill either one of them the worst they can do is try to ruin our day but that's about it

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited by BADDINOROX99,

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I doubt they can patch menuhax if your on 9.2 with an emunand set up Maybe they can break your emunand with a sw update but you could just set it up again... maybe a9lh can be broken with an update and brick your device since my understanding of it is your updating your sysnand not emunand but once again you could also restore a backup I don't think it's possible for Nintendo to kill either one of them the worst they can do is try to ruin our day but that's about it

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If they did that, somehow which I highly doubt without physically hardcoding firm0/firm1 then, they'd have many bricks and wouldn't legally be held against it :v

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
A9lh or menuhax->cfw?
Cause I was thinking about this and read how they needed a hardware revision to block a9lh, but no mention of how they could block menuhax->cfw. But then I thought, can they even do that for someone using menuhax?
I mean, I feel like a9lh is pretty safe cause o dat brick protection it has when I'm using it, and that ninty wouldn't actually do the damn revision XD
Is that you Nintendo?

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Everything can be patched it just a question of time ... I forgot they also need new dev'

They can prevent you boot emunand by checking partition on SD card but they can also prevent the system from booting if A9hl is present lol

Last edited by chocoboss,

Sketchy1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they did that, somehow which I highly doubt without physically hardcoding firm0/firm1 then, they'd have many bricks and wouldn't legally be held against it :v
well actually, a partition table check could ruin someones day.

Sketchy1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or they can simply try and load firm0 and firm1 and if detects that neither is bootable/changed in some way then it could simply abort the startup:ha:

Sketchy1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well actually (correct me if im wrong) a9lh only has firm WRITE protection. just reading firm0 / firm1 i belive is still possible (otherwise the system wouldnt boot). therefore, it can still be possible to detect some change, and abort the startup
When the firm01/firm1 is corrupt due to how A9LH works, plus firm protection because of that, goodluck

Sketchy1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the same reasons pokemon go still crashes so much and are now forced to open a bug bounty page for their dying console:

shitty devs

But if it's something as obvious as partition table check, why haven't they patched it already?

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.