OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys i am new
I have a good question because I want to be able to emulate gba on my DS.
I already have an acekard2i for my DSi and DS lite.
But I want to emulate GBA so...
Should I get an EZflash 3 in 1 or a SuperCardDStwo?
I know that Ezflash is only for slot 2 and DSi doesnt have slot 2.
But is there still a reason I should prefer Ezflash over Supercard?

And one last question...
What is this lameboy emulator I hear of...?

Can I emulate with just my acekard. (sorry for my noobiness)

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That sounds like a hard decision actually. If you use the DSLite more anyways, then you might as well go for the 3in1, though if you paid double, you could emulate GBA games on either system. Given the choice, I would probably go for the 3in1 because its cheaper and still can get the job done, AKAIO already has high compatibility, and the 3in1 opens up other possibilities with dumping and restoring saves for commercial games. On the other hand, getting a SCDS2 gets you almost to the same place (unless you really use the extra functions), and costs twice the amount.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Supercard DSTwo's GBA emu will reportedly be the same the iPlayer's.

What we know about the iPlayer's is that many games are playable with a minor frameskip, others not playable at all.

It's better to go for the EZ Flash 3in1, you'll get 99% compatibility since it actually won't be emulated, it's played natively on the DS Lite hardware.

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks guys I decided to go for the ezflash. But i got one last question... Is the 3 in 1 just an extension? As in... Do I need another slot1 flashcard for it to work or is it a completely different flashcart which works on its own?

again: thanks a hell lot guys
smile.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a seperate flashcart but it still needs a slot 1 cart. Pretty much every slot 1 cart has some kind of support for it though, either natively or through something like GBA_ExpLoader. The AK2i has native support if you're using AKAIO.

GWEndlessDuel

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've got a DS lite and you want to be able to play GBA games there's really no reason not to go with a 3-in-1. Apart from the fact that it's a little annoying having to load 32MB roms into the NOR (simply because there is not enough PSRAM to hold it) you'd probably be much happier with it as a solution than an iPlayer or SCDS2. The emulation just isn't quite there yet in my opinion.

..and yeah you still need a slot 1 of some sort. Your Acekard 2i that you already have is fine for it.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A 3in1 will run gba perfectly. I have an iPlayer and I can tell you that the emulator has potential but it kind of sucks at the moment. So if you want to play gba the 3in1 is still the way to go.

doeo

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks all! Yeah the 3 in 1 really is a good choice. But getting it off shop temp is a little expensive. I'll have to search.
wink.gif

And... The Pi, haha things look really easy in your life. Hope you keep it up.
wink.gif
But most of us can't just wait for money to pour in our hands from the sky so I guess I'll stick to getting the 3 in 1.

GWEndlessDuel, I have no idea about what you just said...
tongue.gif
thanks for trying though. To me, whatever you said = ZOMG 3 in 1 NAO SCREW DA SCDS2!

Yup yup that wraps it up... so yeah
smile.gif

Oh yea and TrolleyDave, I do use akaio so thanks
smile.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

GWEndlessDuel

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doeo said:
GWEndlessDuel, I have no idea about what you just said...
tongue.gif
thanks for trying though. To me, whatever you said = ZOMG 3 in 1 NAO SCREW DA SCDS2!

If english is your native language I'm not quite sure what the problem is, unless you happen to have a reading disability. A little less attitude goes a long way when trying to express appreciation by the way.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
GWEndlessDuel said:
It's quite clear what I said. Let me say it again, I cannot help the fact that you can barely understand english and a little less attitude goes a long way towards showing a little appreciation.

...and note to mods: learn what trolling or flaming is. Stating a fact isn't flaming and trolling is posting with the intent to provoke which there were no signs of.

It was the lack of politeness. It could have been worded in a much more respectful and polite way.

GWEndlessDuel

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
It was the lack of politeness. It could have been worded in a much more respectful and polite way.

Noted. Thanks for the explanation instead when a warning or worse could have been brought. I apologize to the OP and to the mods and I'll keep it in mind.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GWEndlessDuel, learn a little tact, doeo probably didn't understand what you meant by NOR and PSRAM, he doesn't have the 3in1 after all. To suggest he can't understand english is a bit mean.

Doeo, let me explain.
NOR mode means you can write a GBA rom to the 3in1, which will let you load a GBA game as thought it were a real GBA cart, without going through Slot 1.
PSRAM mode is temporary, where a GBA rom and its save file are loaded into PSRAM and the rom is lost when powered off. The savefile is then loaded from the 3in1 next time you start your Acekard (or GBA_EXPloader)

In a nut shell, NOR is permanent, great for playing through a whole game, PSRAM is on-the-fly and good for short bursts of multiple games.
There are a few 32mb GBA roms out there, like Mother 3, that can't be played in PSRAM mode.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
GWEndlessDuel said:
It's quite clear what I said. Let me say it again, I cannot help the fact that you can barely understand english and a little less attitude goes a long way towards showing a little appreciation.

...and note to mods: learn what trolling or flaming is. Stating a fact isn't flaming and trolling is posting with the intent to provoke which there were no signs of.

i think mods know what flaming and trolling is

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse