Hacking Which psp model for homebrew?

Foxhounder

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the first C releases, but B did as well, and so did the 5.x firmwares, etc. The current B and C ones are fine.

If you can downgrade it to 6.20, it can perm (still no brick recovery/pandora, that stopped working halfway through the 2000 series).
I see..

Can you give me a refresher then. What do I have to do to brick the PSP. I assume that with 3000s, once they're bricked they're bricked for good unless I'm Sony. I never messed with flash 0 or anything before. Only emulators, psx and backups.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I see..

Can you give me a refresher then. What do I have to do to brick the PSP. I assume that with 3000s, once they're bricked they're bricked for good unless I'm Sony. I never messed with flash 0 or anything before. Only emulators, psx and backups.
Other than messing around in flash0 or not installing/uninstalling CFWs in the right order, the only way people brick nowadays is if there's some major bug in the CFW (they're caught pretty quickly).

Foxhounder

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other than messing around in flash0 or not installing/uninstalling CFWs in the right order, the only way people brick nowadays is if there's some major bug in the CFW (they're caught pretty quickly).
So techincally when you do a hard reset or just completely turn it off, the firmware isn't uninstalled...which is why you use fast recovery yes? And only uninstall when there is a new update?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Mr Rydian. Is there a plugin that alows the PSP to charge with usb mode while playing a game? And is there a plguin that lets you charge through usb even when the battery is at low.
Hit Select while at the PSP's main menu screen, then go to the recovery menu, there's tons of tweaks in there including USB charging (works on the 2000 and later). Might be touchy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya