Which phone to get?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by Lucifer666, Sep 9, 2011.

?

Which phone to get?

1. HTC Sensation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Get a crappy phone and an iTouch.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. BlackBerry (not my type at all)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Windows Phone

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. 0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Sep 9, 2011

Which phone to get? by Lucifer666 at 2:37 PM (1,392 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. Lucifer666
    OP

Member Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Antarctica
    Hey guys.
    My 3GS is basically dead. (broken screen)
    I'm trying to find myself a new phone. I'm not getting an iPhone 4 cause they're just overpriced, and repairing my 3GS costs $200 here. (I know, wtf.)
    So I've added a poll up there ^, and I was thinking maybe you could help me choose a phone that's well worth it.
    If a phone you want to vote for isn't up there, comment saying so and I'll add it.

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    The Xperia play looks very nice with all that gingerbread...
    Or you can get the SII but I would wait for the Droid Prime.

3. Jayenkai

Member Jayenkai GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Crappy phone + iTouch.
    .. but not too crappy.

I have an HTC Wildfire, but it's honestly a little bit too crappy, even for me!!
    Any future Android handsets that I get will be, at absolute minimum, 1Ghz processor.
    0.6 is just mindbogglingly slow and useless..

But i still think cheap-phone + iTouch is a good combo.
    If you have access to both Apple and Google's marketplaces, you're pretty much sorted.

4. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    if you wanna go cheap get a dumbphone & an ipod touch

5. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    If you get a good phone you don't need that iTouch. After I bought my HTC incredible I haven't used my iTouch since then.

6. Terminator02

United States
    it's only cheaper if you get a phone subsidized with a contract

7. Lucifer666
    OP

Member Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Antarctica
    Alright so I listened to the "Get a crappy phone + an iTouch" voters.. except that I didn't get a crappy phone.
    I got a not bad but not too expensive Android (the Samsung Galaxy Gio). It's my first Android and only cost me $280. That's NOTHING where I live. Normally here, 280 will get you a cheap lagging Nokia (the ancient ones). I have to say, the Android is an outstanding device. I feel like I have all the power in the world in my hands it's not even funny. The point of this post is to encourage those who want an Android to get one. They're great.

8. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    Galaxy S2.
    Xperia play is crap.

9. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    You know an iTouch is a DS flashcard, right?

10. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    Galaxy S2 is crap. My brother had first version and he hate it. He was going to upgrade to S2 but decided to against it. He is wait for contract to expire then go for better smartphone. He learned his lesson. Again, its your decision and go to smartphone stores to test anything to find suit to your taste.

Try to wait for iPhone 5 if you want.. Windows 7 Phone is nice too.

11. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Sensation user here - great stuff; but im having problems with rooting so booooo [​IMG] (but apprently it CAN be rooted)

Err, death grip issue DOES exist, but it isn't a killer, and thankfully i haven't had any touch screen problems as many have reported.

Life's Good.

12. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    If you're going to get an android maybe you should get a Motorola. Now that Google's bought it there may be better updates to the firmware.

13. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    At this point I realised you're talking complete rubbish.
    The S II is fantastic.

Reading the rest of the post: Have you ever used one or are you passing judgement based on experiences with the predecessor?

14. Terminator02

United States
    1. no it's not
    2. neither of those were in the poll

15. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    All HTC phones with sense (well the new ones anyway) need to be downgraded to firmware version 1.34 before they can be rooted. That process a) wipes all of your data, and b) I think it puts you on like, Donut.

16. Terminator02

United States
    not bothering enough to look deeply into it, but it's supposedly covered here under the newer HTC phones section

17. Evo.lve

Australia
    I seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously, seriously hate HTC right now.

(I own a Desire Z)

18. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Get a really basic phone and do what you want with the rest of the money. You don't need the rest of the features, you'll probably only use them a few times.

19. Evo.lve

Australia
  20. alidsl

Member alidsl I am now a lurker

United Kingdom
    It's also short for iPod touch jeez