Hacking Which one?

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
Islay said:
If u want an easy to use simple effective and fast card the Ez flash is perfect, play almost all game,has a good team and homebrew but moonshell2 is required.

If u useing you card just for back up and media the M3i is be best but if your a homebrew fan it will piss u off as u have to use a seconed firmware for that and its team was the slowest with the update but it is me most updateable.

I like the Ez as I use homebrew a lot and moon shell plays media a little better then sakura but that just my opinion, when sakura get full homebrew fuction it will be the better cart.

All my opinion never tested the acercard 2i.

Actually the iplayer and some R4 flash carts were updated after the M3i Zero. And the DSTTi still hasn't gotten an update (I imagine they'd make you buy a new one).

ROFL, R4's are for retards, there 2 simple and will cost u every firmware update.
Iplayer is cool though,I may get 1, haven't seen any data about battery life.

Elechadram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And more information
smile.gif

So AKAIO is safe now.. Download it, right?

That Panasonic Formatter, is just some formatter right? And how do I use it? For the MicroSD?

And now a question about the roms: I am from Holland and there are Europian Versions of Roms (E). But, does it matter if I take an USA-version (U)?

And yeah yeah, I know it.. It is illegal.. But, does anyone know website where you can full and trustworthy roms? Lots of amounts?

Thanks.

Elechadram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, again and again information
laugh.gif

But, I don't understand exactly what 'Trimming' is..

And, when I format a MicroSD, it deletes all.. But, isn't the SD-card already empty when u buy it?

And this:
QUOTE said:
FYI - Details on the updates, when they came out, how they work, etc - http://dsdatabase.org/blog/2009/08/14dsifirmware/#more-543
What does that mean?

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
thank you PharaohsVizier

to be honest i like the Ez over the m3i, but I've only used it for a week or 2, the reason why is because ez is just better for homebrew no need to switch firmware by switching off the hole ds and holding A, also considering one of the main reasons flash carts are legal is because of home brew, I would think that people should like the Ez better in general even over the m30i just for it efficient system, with 2.0 it is fast then sakura and basically the same just with out a few frills, like mp3 play.

I tested, the video at game boot just makes sakura seem faster.

Elechadram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow. Just wow.

Much respect to you. Damn, you are a great candidate to be a moderator or something
smile.gif

Thanks a lot!

Now another question: The Nintendo DSi firmware 1.4 (or something) bricks the flashcart, but, Acekard has made an update which re-bricks your flashcart. Is it a must to download that new Acekard firmware or can't you just NOT go on internet with Nintendo DSi so you don't get the brick?

I'm considering to take an 8GB MicroSD with the Acekard 2i. Does anyone know a store in Holland which sells them? Or, in combination with a Nintendo DSi?

GenesisX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elechadram said:
Wow. Just wow.

Much respect to you. Damn, you are a great candidate to be a moderator or something
smile.gif

Thanks a lot!

Now another question: The Nintendo DSi firmware 1.4 (or something) bricks the flashcart, but, Acekard has made an update which re-bricks your flashcart. Is it a must to download that new Acekard firmware or can't you just NOT go on internet with Nintendo DSi so you don't get the brick?

I'm considering to take an 8GB MicroSD with the Acekard 2i. Does anyone know a store in Holland which sells them? Or, in combination with a Nintendo DSi?
i ordered an 8gb sd card (class 6) from amazon.com, and it took about 5 days(i live in tx btw), and ordered an ak2i(still waiting(Dealextreme takes about 2 weeks(No Micro SD Reader(Gay)))). Hope that helps
smile.gif

(Btw, It just blocks the flashcart, not brick(Bricking = Making an electronical device Useless, aka a brick))

Elechadram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Respect to you all, for helping me out!
smile.gif

Yeah, I know it, most people here live in USA.. But, it doesn't matter, I'll just search
wink.gif

If you don't upgrade your Acekard 2i (firmware, updates), can't you play roms anymore then? Only after you updated?

Elechadram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for the double post, but I wanted this post to be 'exclusive' (don't ask =P)

Is there a tutorial about setting the Acekard 2i up? I mean, fully, complete, a great guide, good help, a real wonderful tutorial for the ACEKARD 2i?

Elechadram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some new questions:

1- Is this for me? I don't need icons or something.. But, what is it? Link

2- When I have a MicroSD memory card, you can use it to put it in a flashcart etc. But, can I use the MicroSD card also, without the flashcart for the brand new SD-opening in the Nintendo DSi? (To save stuff etc.)

3- By trimming a rom, the trimmer cuts off little pieces of the rom to let you be able to play it. But, those little pieces cutted off, are lost? Lost?! A piece of the game! Or, doesn't that matter?

4- I already asked this one, but once again.. When I play roms with my Acekard 2i on my Nintendo DSi, and I don't upgrade the flashcart with upgrades and firmware, am I still able to play roms? Without the newest kind of Acekard 2i software?

5- When I use my Acekard 2i to play roms with, and I want to save, does it go automatically? Or do I need software to make the saving of roms work? (Just think AKAIO is already on the DSi and flashcart)

6- Emulation. Emulation is putting an emulator on your DSi (or something) to play NES and SNES games and all that stuff, but.. Do you need a DS emulator to play DS games on your DSi?

7- What is Homebrew? What does it do? Do I, a simple/rookie with a Nintendo DSi who wants to only play roms, need it?

8- What is Moonshell? What does it do? Do I, a simple/rookie with a Nintendo DSi who wants to only play roms, need it?

--- Cheats ---

1- What program do I need for an Acekard 2i with a Nintendo DSi to put cheats on it? How?

2- Where can I get/download cheats? AN UPDATED ONE. PLEASE.

3- Can I create my own cheats on an Acekard 2i while playing my Nintendo DSi with the flashcart in?

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elechadram said:
Some new questions:

1- Is this for me? I don't need icons or something.. But, what is it? Link

2- When I have a MicroSD memory card, you can use it to put it in a flashcart etc. But, can I use the MicroSD card also, without the flashcart for the brand new SD-opening in the Nintendo DSi? (To save stuff etc.)

3- By trimming a rom, the trimmer cuts off little pieces of the rom to let you be able to play it. But, those little pieces cutted off, are lost? Lost?! A piece of the game! Or, doesn't that matter?

4- I already asked this one, but once again.. When I play roms with my Acekard 2i on my Nintendo DSi, and I don't upgrade the flashcart with upgrades and firmware, am I still able to play roms? Without the newest kind of Acekard 2i software?

5- When I use my Acekard 2i to play roms with, and I want to save, does it go automatically? Or do I need software to make the saving of roms work? (Just think AKAIO is already on the DSi and flashcart)

6- Emulation. Emulation is putting an emulator on your DSi (or something) to play NES and SNES games and all that stuff, but.. Do you need a DS emulator to play DS games on your DSi?

7- What is Homebrew? What does it do? Do I, a simple/rookie with a Nintendo DSi who wants to only play roms, need it?

8- What is Moonshell? What does it do? Do I, a simple/rookie with a Nintendo DSi who wants to only play roms, need it?

Visit the acekard section.

iamjust

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do by any chance happen to get an M3i Zero, I've put together a package which you can pretty much copy and paste onto your microSD card and you will be up and running in about 10 minutes (for copying over all the ROMS and then flashing the core files...)

Elechadram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sweet. I'm totally looking forward to buying a Nintendo DSi with an Acekard 2i.

Without you people I couldn't make a decision! Thanks!

-E.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.