Which one?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Elechadram, Aug 29, 2009.

Aug 29, 2009

Which one? by Elechadram at 2:42 PM (4,381 Views / 0 Likes) 48 replies

1. Elechadram
    OP

Member Elechadram GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Well, I think many members asked this question like a hundred times, but.. Can't you do it one more time?

Which flashcard should I pick?​

I am planning to buy a Nintendo DSi and with it, a flashcart on which I can put roms.

The flashcart has to have (own, know, or something else) these options, all of them!
    See the following list.

Information about the flashcart when answering my question

-It has to be a flashcart compatible with the Nintendo DSi (and also DS Lite and phat)
    -The flascart has to be recently 'new'
    -The flashcart gets updated recently with new firmware and stuff
    -The flashcart has to accept MicroSD/SDHC cards (ofcourse it has to)
    -It is ofcourse possible to put roms on it
    -It has to be a trusted flashcard (no fake stuff)
    -It has to be working very good, great, awesome, fantastic
    -Cool menu('s)
    -A flashcart of which you have good experience with
    -A flashcart of which you think is a great one
    -It has to be a flashcart
    -All DS (DS/Lite/DSi) games have to be playable with it
    -No problems when using it
    -Save
    -Long playing time
    -Easy operation
    -Multi-language
    -Support Wi-Fi
    -Lots (tons) of options
    -Great look
    -Perfect compatibility
    -Saving! Ofcourse!
    -Drag and drop all files - no patching of any kind needed
    -Not a flashcart which damages the Nintendo DSi console
    -Full download play support
    -Cheat support
    -Super fast usage
    -More extra features
    -etc.

I already considered the DSTTi but then I heard it wasn't updated and it sucks (a little bit) in comparison with other (better) flashcarts..

I also saw a lot (tons) of stuff about flashcarts and the software on this website. It was all software like firmware, cheat stuff, add-on stuff, updates, things and other things.. So many stuff.. Do I have to download this all and put it on the flashcart when I have one? Or can I just download a rom, extract it and drag it on the MicroSD, put it in the flascart, stick it in the DSi and play the rom? Like.. Plug-and-Play? Or doesn't it go this easy? It sucked if it wasn't that easy.

The price doesn't matter, it has to be a wonderful piece of technology in the flashcart world for Nintendo DSi!

Well, it would be awesome if someone could help me because I'm really desperate about which one I should buy..

Please, help me.

2. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Half of those are just plain obvious and are what nearly all flashcarts have, some are even the definition of a flashcart. Some are just stupid (like it has to work with the DSi and be new. Of course it's going to be new if it works on the DSi, or long time playing... that's nothing to do with the flashcart!).

And no flashcart can play DSi games. They can play DSi enhanced game, but only like a DSL would. So no enhancements.

Basically, I could reccomend ANY flashcart on the market, or ANY of the DSi flashcarts should I say because you have a DSi be the sounds of things. So, any will do since all the DSi flashcarts have all the valid things you want.

Personally, I'd say get an Acekard 2i but use AKAIO, and not the official firmware.

3. Elechadram
    OP

Netherlands
    Well, okay. Thanks for the information already. But, what is AKAIO? And why not take the official firmware?

But, like I already said; do I have to download all upgrades, firmware, updates and stuff etc.?

4. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    You have to download upgrades and updates for every flashcart >.>

And AKAIO is a better alternate firmware for the acekard2i.

I would suggest the m3i zero but it's a matter of personal opinion.

5. Elechadram
    OP

Netherlands
    Yeah, but I meant with it; all the downloadable stuff on this website; from firmware to updates and all the other small things. Do I still have to download it?

I am slighty looking more forward to an Acekard 2i but I still have some questions:

1- Is there a full and helpful tutorial how to easily set-up your Acekard 2i on the PC and DSi?
    2- I saw something about formatting your MicroSD card.. Is it a MUST?
    3- Do MicroSD and SDHC make any difference? Both are great, and yeah SDHC is a little bit better but that doesn't care a lot.. right?

And something about AKAIO or whatever it is:

1- Is there a tutorial about AKAIO? What it is? How to set it up?
    2- Is AKAIO the official Acekard 2i firmware/software?
    3- If not; why not download the official firmware from acekard.com?

I'm sorry to ask so many questions, but I need help with it because I don't understand things at all..

6. Islay

Member Islay GBAtemp Fan

Ireland
    If u want an easy to use simple effective and fast card the Ez flash is perfect, play almost all game,has a good team and homebrew but moonshell2 is required.

If u useing you card just for back up and media the M3i is be best but if your a homebrew fan it will piss u off as u have to use a seconed firmware for that and its team was the slowest with the update but it is me most updateable.

I like the Ez as I use homebrew a lot and moon shell plays media a little better then sakura but that just my opinion, when sakura get full homebrew fuction it will be the better cart.

All my opinion never tested the acercard 2i.

7. Elechadram
    OP

Netherlands
    Aah.. Someone who answers like this! Thank you so much. For that, I give you a smiley.

[​IMG]

8. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
  9. DeltaBurnt

United States
    Actually the iplayer and some R4 flash carts were updated after the M3i Zero. And the DSTTi still hasn't gotten an update (I imagine they'd make you buy a new one).

10. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Go with the M3i Zero.
    It's build quality is amazing, I never had any problems with it.
    The Real Time Save works brilliantly, the menu's are quick and responsive, the support is very good.
    It can play multimedia files with Moonshell perfectly, has cheat support, responsive menu's, ....
    And it has Sakura, which is a big big plus.
    Also, everything is upgradable, so if Nintendo releases a firmware that blocks your flashcard, the M3i Zero can just upgrade again, and the card will work again.

You can buy it from here for example:

http://www.colourful-zone.com/Store/produc...products_id=328

I've been a customer of them for a long time, and have bought several things with them. All those products were working perfectly and still work perfectly.

11. Elechadram
    OP

Netherlands
    And thanks again [​IMG]

But, I couldn't find anything about setting-up. Let me explain: When I buy a flashcart, like the Acekard 2i (Because I'm probably taking that one), and I'd like to put roms on the cart, does the setting-up go easy? Like: Buy the cart, unpack, stick something in the PC, unpack things, format, put roms on it.. and.. ready? Done?

12. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Putting roms on basically every slot 1 cart is -> get rom after you unrar/zip/7z if rar/zip/7z, drag it onto the micro sd and you're done. Yes you have to insert the msd into the computer first via reader. Turn on ds run flashcart and run the rom. [​IMG]

13. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Take the m3i zero it has everything you wnat and bonus fetures liek real time save slow motion etc and the gui is waay better

14. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    all modern slot 1 flash carts actually works like ABC/1+1 like how you described
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

just make sure you always get the right firmware [​IMG]

15. Elechadram
    OP

Netherlands
    Yeah, the right firmware.. But, which one?! AKAIO is great for Acekard. But then I've got another problem. I looked for 'AKAIO' at the wiki page and I read things about all kinds of stuff.. Not only about AKAIO but also like MoonShell, homebrew, FlashME.. Do I have to download it? Is it a must? I don't want homebrew or such stuff, and I don't even know what FlashMe is.. Passme and such.. Do I need it? Is it really a must?

Damn.

16. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Homebrew are applications. You don't need passme or flashme.

You just need a flashcart, it's firmware, and then anything else you want to put on it.

17. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    AKAIO is the custom firmware
    for gaming purpose just AKAIO and thats more than enough

18. Elechadram
    OP

Netherlands
    Great. Sweet.

But still, there are tons of other programs which you have to use to use a flashcart.. I know.. I don't need them, but I'm still worried.. Let me give an example: Panasonic Formatter, Cheat program's; I want to have cheats with my roms.. But it's all so difficult.. and there is also something about that AKAIO can't be played at the DSi:

Link

Can someone explain?

19. DeltaBurnt

United States
    1. Panasonic formatter is optional

2. You don't need the cheats programs, there are people who add cheats to one big file and give it to you and it has cheats for almost every game.

3. And the AKAIO thing is fixed that was 9 months ago.

20. Xoo00o0o0o

Member Xoo00o0o0o Xoo00o0o0o is in the house

United States
    It's already fixed.