Hacking Which of these is the best?

Meow Mix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I'm wondering about what to buy but i don't know what tell me what you think.

Which do you think is better:

Supercard Mini SD
Ez-flash 3 in 1
Elink
Ez-flash IV (Not Compact, Not Deluxe)

Thank You

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Supercard line is the worst choice for GBA games. Many games have excessive slowdown or glitches, and some games just don't work at all.

The Elink is an old-style flashcart. It requires you to use a Windows program flash the games to the cart, it doesn't have a lot of space for games, writing games is slow, and managing multiple games on the cart or dealing with save files is a pain. Aside from those issues it's not a bad cart. It is cheap, and it has real time saving.

The 3-in-1 and the EZ-IV are very similar. The main difference is that the 3-in-1 is an expansion pack (meaning that all files are stored on a slot 1 flashcart and only copied to the 3-in-1 when they are needed) whereas the EZ-IV is a standalone flashcart with its own loader and memory card port. They both have excellent compatibility (aside from a problem with sleep mode), but not a lot of extra features (no real time save).

Out of those carts, I'd personally go with the 3-in-1 if it was going to be used in a DS (this is what I use), or the EZ-IV for a GBA.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression that EZIV was either Deluxe or Compact. I didn't know there was a third which is neither...

I own an EZIV compact. Like D-bot said. its like a slot 1, where it is a flashcart with a microSD bay, like a slot 1 for DS (but before slot ones were around) and not an expansion pack.

And if you want to play GBA roms. Compact DOES NOT. Deluxe DOES.

EZ3-1 has rumble, Opera Browser ram (which some homebrew uses) and also GBA game capabilities. But you need a slot 1 to load on the GBA roms.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There have been several versions of the EZ-IV. The original EZ-Flash IV was about the same size as a normal GBA game pak and took miniSD cards. After that came the EZ-IV Lite (microSD). The Lite Deluxe and Lite Compact came later.

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you realy want to hear another story from a EZ4 (Phat/MiniSD) User so ill just list pro's and cons

Pro's
Best Emulator support
Best emulation speed
100% Compatability (have to patch some rom's (mainly the ones that have extra sensors))
Supports Gameboy Player (GC Accessory)
NDS Rom support
SD SUpport

Con's
No RTC
Sleepmode Problems
Have to buy a SD Card
Have to use the client to send roms to it
Not SDHC Compatibile (understandable and no slot 2 supports sdhc so kind of moot)
MiniSD's are more expensive than micro's

Hope above helps

PS3sixty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which version of the EZ Flash IV is the best if I want to use it in a GB Micro solely for playing GBA roms? Also do these have rechargeable batteries?

Jack-Of-Trades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
next person that asks that I'm gonna start telling them to get the ez4 compact i swear i will...

Learn to read other threads... weekly i answer 3-4 of these threads...

Not to mention you hijack a thread...

Just check signatures and see what everyone else has

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1