Hacking Which MicroSD for the GateWay 3DS?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I recently bought a Class 10 8GB MicroSD card, and from I read I should get a minimum write speed of 10 MB/s.
However, when I write an image to the MicroSD card, it has a write speed of 8 MB/s. Is this usual or did I just get a bad card?

LimeWan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just realized that when you said it LOL

I'll try to get a Micro SD in particular this
10218436.jpg
That's the exact one that I bought and mentioned in this thread. Works great.

Is on sale again. Forgot where though.

GalatasarayEken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

yeah i'll get that if I decide but I don't want to get a gateway outside of the resellers site, I just don't trust other sites even if it's $10 cheaper, i'd rather get my items, is this site trusted (its on resellers site) but just want to know

http://www.more-thing.ca/products/gateway-card?redirect=1

LimeWan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah i'll get that if I decide but I don't want to get a gateway outside of the resellers site, I just don't trust other sites even if it's $10 cheaper, i'd rather get my items, is this site trusted (its on resellers site) but just want to know

http://www.more-thing.ca/products/gateway-card?redirect=1

I meant on sale in store. Saw you live in Toronto (as do I), so you could get it in store easily.

It it available for $19.19 at Staples right now until 11/12/2013:

http://www.staples.ca/en/SanDisk-Ul...oSDXC-UHS-I-cards/product_936757_2-CA_1_20001

EDIT: Misunderstood your question a bit. In terms of GateWay, I purchased mine from ModChipCentral. They are located in Waterloo. I paid for the cheapest shipping they had, and once it shipped at 7 PM that night, it arrived at my door at 12 PM the next day.

The only thing that is a pain is if they do not have them in stock, but according to their site, they have them in stock as of right now:

http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/Gateway-3DS-USA-CANADA.html

They include a free USB microSD card reader and USB 3DS charging cable as well.

I highly recommend them.

GalatasarayEken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I meant on sale in store. Saw you live in Toronto (as do I), so you could get it in store easily.

It it available for $19.19 at Staples right now until 11/12/2013:

http://www.staples.ca/en/SanDisk-Ul...oSDXC-UHS-I-cards/product_936757_2-CA_1_20001

EDIT: Misunderstood your question a bit. In terms of GateWay, I purchased mine from ModChipCentral. They are located in Waterloo. I paid for the cheapest shipping they had, and once it shipped at 7 PM that night, it arrived at my door at 12 PM the next day.

The only thing that is a pain is if they do not have them in stock, but according to their site, they have them in stock as of right now:

http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/Gateway-3DS-USA-CANADA.html

They include a free USB microSD card reader and USB 3DS charging cable as well.

I highly recommend them.

Thanks for the recommendations, I will probably buy mine from modchipcentral since you bought it from them and received your item, and the inclusion of other items is always welcomed ofc :) & thanks for staples thing as well :)

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I recently bought a Class 10 8GB MicroSD card, and from I read I should get a minimum write speed of 10 MB/s.
However, when I write an image to the MicroSD card, it has a write speed of 8 MB/s. Is this usual or did I just get a bad card?

Could be the writer. I have a two. A crap unbranded (I think) one that only gets 3-5MB/s on a class 10. My Transcend RFD8, gets full 10MB/s out of it when writing 3DS image.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't know how this one is for the gateway, but for other electronics like the PSP, it works great and has awesome speed ratings. Reliable and never any lag/stutter.
I picked a 32GB one a few months ago for $10.00. Staples pricing error they had online and the store honored it.
(they fixed it after one day) :-P

IMRAN_PETER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
So guys, I been looking over different offer in Amazon.com & it seems they are very reasonable price for Sandisc UHS 1 class 10. As multirom loader upcoming I am buying 32GB one at 23-25$. I still have a question,
did anyone tried 32GB class 10 and 64GB SDXC with gateway..?
Also, anyone tried updating 3DS firmware using gateway..? (e.g. 4.1 to 4.5, asked because I have found Castlevania & Rabbit Rumble is cheapest with respectively 4.4 & 4.1 while my 3DS is 1.1)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Also, anyone tried updating 3DS firmware using gateway..? (e.g. 4.1 to 4.5, asked because I have found Castlevania & Rabbit Rumble is cheapest with respectively 4.4 & 4.1 while my 3DS is 1.1)
It's possible to do so with the 1.0 release (which doesn't have firmware spoofing). Although it's not suggested.

IMRAN_PETER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I havn't tried it but many other members from the forum.
I'm sorry but it doesn't work with 1.1 or any firmware over it.
GW 1.2 should update a console even if it is from 4.1 o 4.5 ( if the game contains 4.5).

As far as i know the 1.1 and 1.2 gw firm block updates higher than 4.5.
buddies, you understood me half wrong....:)
I mean can 3DS firmware updated via gateway even if the 3DS has 1.1(not gateway firmware...) firmware..?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.