Gaming Which is the better Harvest Moon?

KT_Cobra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I really enjoy(ed) Harvest Moon for SNES, but I was wondering which of the newer HM titles is the better AND more closely related to the gameplay that the SNES version had? I don't want to go off researching tons of videos of biased opinions that would take 3 hours to decide.

Thanks

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Any Harvest Moon game without the Harvest Goddess is fine. The Harvest Goddess is really just too lazy and expects YOU to fix HER problems. Why should you have to do that? You have a farm/ranch to run and a spouse to marry. You have no time to fix someone else's problems.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rune Factory 3 was a really great game in so many ways and really forced Harvest Moon to step their game up in response. It's only problem is a lack of overall direction and too much freedom.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to lie, out of all of the Harvest Moon games RF3 is the best imo, and I'd go as far as to say it's one of the best games on the DS. It's a HUGE step up from RF2 and fixes almost everything about the series. The combat is much more fleshed out, the story is well done, and the characters are unique.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must be the outlier, then. Of the Rune Factory games I've played, 3 was the one I liked least. Admittedly, I didn't get very far, but most of the obvious gameplay changes seemed to detract from the experience.

My favorite Rune Factory is Frontier, but since that's irrelevant to the question at hand, I'd say 1 and 2 are about equal in my eyes. 1 has better characters, and farming is more central to the game. 2 has better pacing, and is more action-RPG (with the addition of the quest board, dungeons become a major source of income early game, and not just for the farming land).

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rune Factory 3 had tons of depth but nothing to do with it; you had too much money and too many resources. There wasn't enough to do with it all. I actually prefer this newest Harvest Moon game; it's a much more rewarding and challenging game. You don't have everything you need in a season and adding little touches like dating and request boards are a step in the right direction. However, one of my favorite aspects of Rune Factory 3 is that everything you're doing is constantly leveling up. If they had a better reward system and less button mashey gameplay then it would be far ahead of this recent Harvest Moon.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow guys, way to go astoundingly off topic with your suggestions (for the most part). A Harvest Moon game, not Rune Factory game, that closely relates in game play to the SNES game was requested. I'm pretty sure the SNES game isn't a mostly RPG/farming hybrid.

On topic, I've heard that Tale of Two Towns is the best Harvest Moon game on the DS, and it just came out to boot.

The Albino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KT_Cobra said:
Hey guys. I really enjoy(ed) Harvest Moon for SNES, but I was wondering which of the newer HM titles is the better AND more closely related to the gameplay that the SNES version had? I don't want to go off researching tons of videos of biased opinions that would take 3 hours to decide.

Thanks

The game you're looking for is Harvest Moon DS.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rune Factory is basically Harvest Moon with a different name. Harvest Moon DS is actually a pretty good game. It gets a lot of criticism but it mirrors a lot of FOMT so I don't really understand why that is.

KT_Cobra

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like all of the extra stuff in the Harvest Moon games - like the marrying, exploring, etc., but I mainly want the game to be focused on the farming and caring of the animals and designing/improving/expanding the farm. Which is better for this - Tale of Two Towns or regular Harvest Moon DS?

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
for me its like this
tale of 2 town > grand bazaar > harvest moon DS / cute > sunshine islands > island of happiness

all of them are great but you might wanna play it in order !

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
KT_Cobra said:
I like all of the extra stuff in the Harvest Moon games - like the marrying, exploring, etc., but I mainly want the game to be focused on the farming and caring of the animals and designing/improving/expanding the farm. Which is better for this - Tale of Two Towns or regular Harvest Moon DS?
Harvest moon DS

Cheren

Pokemon Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
wasim said:
KT_Cobra said:
Harvest moon DS

Harvest Moon:The Tale of Two Towns is Better than Harvest Moon DS

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Dan Kuso said:
wasim said:
KT_Cobra said:
Harvest moon DS

Harvest Moon:The Tale of Two Towns is Better than Harvest Moon DS
from what he said he which would like
harvest moon ds would be better for him !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone