Hacking Question Which is best to keep ? 3.0 or 2.3 ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter AnagraM
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,410
  • Replies Replies 7

AnagraM

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Nov 14, 2013
Messages
65
Reaction score
9
Trophies
0
Age
48
XP
456
Country
Belgium
Hi,
I've just bought a used Switch, to keep mine at version 3.0, but it turns out the one I bought is version 2.3.

Should I keep the version 3.0 to keep a door open for homebrew scene to come and update the 2.3 to keep playing and accessing eshop ?
 
For like the zilliont time. Keep 1 on 3.0 and update the other one so you can play the games.

But I really don't get the idea behind that. There is no way that you can copy save games etc... so what is the big win there?
 
Hi,
I've just bought a used Switch, to keep mine at version 3.0, but it turns out the one I bought is version 2.3.

Should I keep the version 3.0 to keep a door open for homebrew scene to come and update the 2.3 to keep playing and accessing eshop ?
Lower is always better, I'd personally update the 3.0.0 Switch and leave the 2.3.0 one where it's at
 
Lower is always better, I'd personally update the 3.0.0 Switch and leave the 2.3.0 one where it's at

Exactly this.

You can always update the 2.3.0 to 3.0.0 with Pokken at a later date, but you can't downgrade back to 2.3.0 if anything is found for that firmware.

Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know a thing about what they're talking about.
 

Site & Scene News