Homebrew Which is Best Feature Pack Media Player for Wii??

its

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys

So I am fully updated to 4.2E and with HBC. I want to play movies via USB NTFS / FAT32.

Which is the best player available and how to install it?

I have tried two

1) WiiMC.. But when I started it I just showed DVD and SD options.. no USB options??
2) mplayer-ce .. it is detecting my USB but have not played around with it yet.. is this the best player??

Can I choose movies etc from my laptop on a Wifi Share? or something like that?? to play directly from my Laptop via Wii onto TV

Which is the most recommended player (either of these or any other)..

Is there anything else my fab Wii can do? I have loaded USB Loaders for HDD games, Darkcorp for Disc Games.. Need one Media player.. anything else the Wii can do ? or I should try

Thanks for the help

its

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
did u install cIOS 202 for USB2 support in WiiMC?

Not sure.. how to check? was it not auto

Also can it be for a fact because I am using both USB ports?? one for HDD games backup.. and another for Media??

So is WiiMC better than mplayer-ce?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I think WiiMC is better, mplayer ce is great too, but its kinda last gen if u ask me

I think WiiMC only works with one USB port at a time right now... it may only be the bottom port, not sure.

no harm to reinstall it even if its already installed, download nus auto downloader, use it to download cIOS202v5[57] and install it on your wii using a wad manager, then try again

its

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
I think WiiMC is better, mplayer ce is great too, but its kinda last gen if u ask me

I think WiiMC only works with one USB port at a time right now... it may only be the bottom port, not sure.

no harm to reinstall it even if its already installed, download nus auto downloader, use it to download cIOS202v5[57] and install it on your wii using a wad manager, then try again

Just installed cIOS202 from WiiMC website and it broke mplayer-ce..

and also it didn't detect my USB.. so I think yeah I have to plug in the below port..

Just a question

1) If I install cIOS202 why did it break mcplayer?? I uninstalled and mcplayer worked fine.

2) If I plug in my USB in below port and hopefully WiiMC will detect it.. so if I plugin my game HDD in the upper port (or one away from ground) will USB Loader GX / WiiFlow / Config USB loader detect it?? I read somewhere it has to be the ground USB.. closer to Wii panel.

3) Is there a way on either of these player to play media directly from my Windows 7 laptop..

Ta

newby1976

Trophies
XP
Country
personally i use wiimc, plays everything ive tried so far, and it alot better looking

as Xflak said, for playing over a network look in to SMB sharing (very easy) ...both media players will play files direct from shared folders on you pc

not really sure about extra things to do, have you tried 'wii earth', just like google earth

its

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok.. SMB works easy..

but the problem with WiiMC is that it only support the port closest to Wii.. does not support other one.. so its a bummer as my game backup HDD is connected to that port.. and connecting my HDD to second port none of the game USB loaders detects it..

Also when I install cIOS 202 for mplayer , mplayer ce just stops detecting my USB.. i have to uninstall cIOS to get it to detect USB back..

Looks like I am stuck with mplayer CE as WiiMC has that port issue. ????

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country
You could partiton your drive so need for using 2 although this can be a problem if the drive you are using for games is WBFS and you have lot's on there.

newby1976

Trophies
XP
Country
it is not a problem with wiimc, hard drives only work in the bottom port for all apps ....... just an idea but you could try a usb hub, not sure if it will work as ive never tried it myself

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
1st off, u could partition your drive as 100% fat32, then it will be able to store wii games and videos, and it can always be plugged into the bottom usb port

2nd, u can look for an external ehc module allowing u to use configurable usb loader with the top usb port. All u have to do is have the ehcmodule saved in the usb-loader folder on your sd card and/or harddrive

3rd, re your cIOS 202 breaking mplayer_ce, read this (off of wiibrew site - MPlayer_ce page)

QUOTE said:
USB 2.0

You need to install the USB 2.0 cIOS from here (Please note that this requires a internet connection). There is a offline instalation available, to read the guide, visit: here The installer is for Homebrew USB2 only, this will install IOS202 using base IOS60 and IOS36 automatically. You can select the IOS to use to do the installation, so you can select a IOS with the fake sign bug. watch it download, install incase it fails and returns to HBC, it should now install successfully. (IOS60 and IOS36 are downloaded to SD via the Nintendo's Update Server). We are using IOS60 as a base as there has been improvements in wifi. Those that install this cIOS do not require a DVDx instalation.

so basically it needs a different version of cIOS 202 OR DVDx installed, so make sure u have DVDx installed, it may have been uninstalled during a 4.2 update.

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
For now i belive Mplayer is best, it has the option to change language and watch videos with or without subtitles, the problem with this though compared to WiiMC is that it lacks dvd support.

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
mplayer_ce has dvd support too, but navigating the menu's can be tricky

doesn't WiiMC have the same options?
It doesnt, ive tried wiimc and the quality of the sound lags, the video plays longer waiting for the menu to change, you cant even get a good playback. I tried my Are we done yet DVD and that just had no music to the video, even the speech was very slow.

D

Deleted-247497

XFlak said:
meh, I don't use my wii to play DVD's (even though it has a pre-D3-2 drive so it can)... that's what dvd players are for, lol

but i'm positive i've played dvd's on mplayer_ce

yeah they both play dvds except wiimc has the menu support and on mplayer you have to guess at which file is the video, dvd playback sucks on btoh tho, i cant even usually get through the dvd menu on wiimc

sotemptemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question about mplayer and youtube?
I installed the latest mplayer from the homebrew browser and everything works except youtube.
Anyone know why? blip.tv is fine as well as other channels but the default youtube seems to be frozen when I view the channels in youtube.

Or do people use something else for youtube which is better? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1