which is a better card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by jbach44, Aug 16, 2009.

Aug 16, 2009

which is a better card by jbach44 at 7:58 AM (1,211 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. jbach44
    OP

Newcomer jbach44 Member

United States
    hey all,
    I currently have the R4i-SDHC, and after what happened, I was wondering, if I was to purchase a new card, which would you suggestI was looking at the ez-flash v and the m3 zero for the flashable firmware, or the acekard.
    also what would be a good place to order one from?

2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    do you have an extra DS ? if no.. then get yourself m3i0 or scds1i

gamekool is great for m3i0
    rest of the flash cart you can check it out from dealextreme

3. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    You could buy the M3i Zero.
    It's build quality is amazing, I never had any problems with it.
    The Real Time Save works brilliantly, the menu's are quick and responsive, the support is very good.
    It can play multimedia files with Moonshell perfectly, has cheat support, responsive menu's, ....
    And it has Sakura, which is a big big plus.
    Also, everything is upgradable, so if Nintendo releases a firmware that blocks your flashcard, the M3i Zero can just upgrade again, and the card will work again.

You can buy it from here for example:

http://www.colourful-zone.com/Store/produc...products_id=328

That's a great webshop, with great support and I've heard nothing but good things about it.

4. benjaminlibl

Member benjaminlibl Funky Member

Singapore
    It really depends on what you need. Updates are going to come sooner or later for those carts you mentioned. Not too sure about the R4i though, don't really trust them.

5. jbach44
    OP

Newcomer jbach44 Member

United States
    got the R4i because the store I was in had them (that and the TT, and since I had heard of the R4, I went that way) but those are the only ones they carry, funny thing is, I think the upgrade did something to the R4i, I went to a local Gamestop where I used to work, and oner of the employees let me try the card in a DS Lite, it didn't recognize at all, went to a white screen that was it

6. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    Id get the EZVi def its a great card and works on 1.4 dsi as well [​IMG]

7. kenio8185

Member kenio8185 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Ok, the two cards you should consider are either m3i zero or acekard 2i. The rest of the carts aren't quite as good.
    I don't have any experience in dealing with the dsi carts, so take what i say with a grain of salt.
    Based on what i've read, the two carts are pretty much equal, it's all a matter of preference. Unfortunately, i don't know all that much about either one but i'm gonna be getting an m3i zero, it seems to be slightly better (or at least, slightly more people prefer it).

8. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    I'd get the M3i0, imo the best DSi flashcart at the moment. Though Ak2i and SCDS1i are great, I personally prefer the M3i0.

9. jbach44
    OP

Newcomer jbach44 Member

United States
    guess i'll have to do some research lol

10. neojust

Newcomer neojust Newbie

Australia
  11. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    M3i Zero is fine IF your DSi has firmware under version 1.4!

If you update your DSi to use the DSi store ...Like most people in a mad rush to grab your 1000 free DSiware points or to get Opera Browser and Flipnote free from the store and the added function of photo upload to Facebook with your DSi, Then your pretty much screwed if you have a M3i card until they release an update it won't work with 1.4!

Acekard 2.1i and EZflash Vi and some R4i (but not all) cards can bypass the 1.4 block with a working but fairly crude update/hack that leaves you with a Danny Phantom or Tak ds game icon and respective game info at the DSi menu screen which is livable but not for everyone! [​IMG]

12. jbach44
    OP

Newcomer jbach44 Member

United States
    LOL if my R4i-SDHC did that I wouldn't mind, as long as it worked lol, that's why I am looking for a different card with better support