Hacking Which IOS do I need so I can turn on my Wii with the headest?

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I HAD Priiloader installed before I hacked my Wii again via ModMii and now it is NOT installed. I did not un-install it, I just ModMii'd it from the EXACT directions as shown on page 4. Once again Xflak I want to be able to perform a Nintendo official system update whenever I can even without adding any hacks. Like for instance when I am on vacation WITHOUT the SD cards (hack files) and it requires a system update before proceeding and to access new information/unlockables/data I want to be able to do that. Understand now? I don't want to have to work around bypassing it everytime via Dop-Mii or the like. I want the Nintendo official update to be functional. I ModMii'd my Wii yesterday just to get my Wii out of the WAN and for it to turn on with the headset plugged in which now it CAN so that is not a problem anymore. I just want to be able to perform a Nintendo official update whenver it is necessary so I am trying to set that up now but my Wii keeps rejecting it and giving me the same error message again and again and AGAIN.

bhast2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said reinstall all the default ios's and and install systemmenu 4.3 that is the only way around it
it is either that or you are stuck with a broken nin update

and you are worried about bricking your wii yet you used WAN updater to update your Wii to 4.3 and than you are using modmii

There is always a chance of bricking your wii just do as I told you to do and you will get back to normal

or just piss off cause you are not listening to a word anyone is tell you

Just do what I told you and than come back and Say THANK YOU EVERYONE i am a dumb ass for not listen to you in the first place

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
think about this desire to do official updates in the long run: when you update to 4.4U, or whatever comes next, and it wipes out all your softmods, will you be back here whining about how all your hacks are gone and you don't know how to get them back?

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exactly my though on this, why would you go thru the trouble OF HACKING YOUR WII, only to have it wiped out the next time you do an official update?
But, hey, it's smashdude, so we'll see many more posts when that happens.....

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
Once again Xflak I want to be able to perform a Nintendo official system update whenever I can even without adding any hacks. Like for instance when I am on vacation WITHOUT the SD cards (hack files) and it requires a system update before proceeding and to access new information/unlockables/data I want to be able to do that. Understand now? I don't want to have to work around bypassing it everytime via Dop-Mii or the like. I want the Nintendo official update to be functional. I ModMii'd my Wii yesterday just to get my Wii out of the WAN and for it to turn on with the headset plugged in which now it CAN so that is not a problem anymore. I just want to be able to perform a Nintendo official update whenever it is necessary so I am trying to set that up now but my Wii keeps rejecting it and giving me the same error message again and again and AGAIN.
so, what you want is to be able to update officially without Ninty taking away modifications? it'll never happen....you will lose at least some mod functionality if/when you update the official way, and you will have to rehack it (when the tools become available). i've seen in a past post that you think your modifications will survive simply because you have the latest HBC, but what you are not thinking about is that both of the recent Ninty Update's sole purposes were to unmodify consoles....and they did to an extent (When 4.3 came out and people updated, remember the impatient waiting for a viable HBC for those who did what you want to be able to do?).

now, i know you think you're smarter than most, but do you think you've already outsmarted Ninty's next move? think again. it only proves how ignorant you really are. no good modders ever update via Nintendo, and anything Ninty can do, Modmii can do better anyhow.... think about what you are saying.... work on understanding what/why you're doing things, not just blindly doing it....i want to think there's hope for you, but your plethora of posts got you in a pretty deep hole.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
I HAD Priiloader installed before I hacked my Wii again via ModMii and now it is NOT installed. I did not un-install it, I just ModMii'd it from the EXACT directions as shown on page 4.

i've never used modmii but does it explicitly say that it removes all previous hacks before running? i don't think removing priiloader from your sd:/apps/ folder is sufficient, i think it has to be uninstalled. correct me if i'm mistaken.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fattest said:
smashdude said:
I HAD Priiloader installed before I hacked my Wii again via ModMii and now it is NOT installed. I did not un-install it, I just ModMii'd it from the EXACT directions as shown on page 4.

i've never used modmii but does it explicitly say that it removes all previous hacks before running? i don't think removing priiloader from your sd:/apps/ folder is sufficient, i think it has to be uninstalled. correct me if i'm mistaken.
if you reinstall the SM, you've effectively removed priiloader and it's hacks (since they are attached to the SM).....our little smashy-fella claims to have done just that.....

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Internet Channel and everything work fine for me. And when I try to load Priiloader it doesn't load (the SM screen does instead) so I assume it is un-installed. When I want to perform the system update the official way I do not want it to give me the error message. I only hack for specific purposes, I don't pirate any games or that sort. Only fix games like enable two players to brawl online on the same Wii in strangers mode over Wi-Fi. I am only enabling hacks that CORRECT Nintendo's mistakes, not cheating ones. And I use Windows Optimizer and what not to mitigate lag so this is not illegal at all. But anyways all I want is to update the official way and I HAVE Hack-Mii installer v8 so it should not delete my important hacks.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I have SysChecked with this new version but is less detailed than the old version. What should I do in order for my system menu to properly update the official way given the following information of my SysCheck (should I post the results from the old one too or not?)? I follow your advice.

sysCheck v1.6.2 by Erik Spyder

Region: NTSC-U
The system menu v513 is running under IOS58 (rev 6175)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 105531988
Boot2 v4
Found 110 titles
Found 31 IOS on this console
Found 15 IOS Stubs on this console

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
smashdude said:
OK I have SysChecked with this new version but is less detailed than the old version. What should I do in order for my system menu to properly update the official way given the following information of my SysCheck (should I post the results from the old one too or not?)? I follow your advice.

sysCheck v1.6.2 by Erik Spyder

The system menu v513 is running under IOS58 (rev 6175)
Hollywood v0x11
Boot2 v4
Found 110 titles
Found 31 IOS on this console
Found 15 IOS Stubs on this console

Seriously? Like, is that correct, or is it a "bug" in the verbiage and the app is running under 58?

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6175).

System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Hollywood v0x11
Boot2 v4

Found 110 titles.
Found 46 IOS on this console. 15 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 525): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS13 (rev 1031): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS14 (rev 1031): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS15 (rev 1031): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1031): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1038): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS22 (rev 1293): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS28 (rev 1806): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3607): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS33 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3607): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS35 (rev 3607): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS36 (rev 3607): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5662): Trucha Bug
IOS38 (rev 4123): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3606): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3606): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3606): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3606): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4123): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5918): Trucha Bug
IOS58 (rev 6175): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5661): Trucha Bug
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 6943): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS249 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2007/10/20.

What do I do now so I can update officially? I gave you my report.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Listen pal, you don't even know weather you have Priiloader install still or not.

Do you want me to give you your two options again?!?!?!

They've probably changed now because you've been fucking around with it too much...

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell me what to do please. The headset works now and it only works when Priiloader is not installed apparently so I am assuming it is not Priiloaders problem. Link me on waht to do please.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to understand that you've done so many things to your system by now that whatever option we give you is gonna be useless. We continually offer the best of advice to you and it goes out the other ear, much to the annoyance of people like XFlak. I honestly don't know why staff turns such a blind eye towards you. It's ridiculous. If I did that, I'd be banned on the spot. You ask way too many questions, and things that are supposed to be solutions, turn into problems for you only. No one has as many problems as you.

About your newest problem, why do you even need Priiloader anyways? You're not pirating or anything anyways. Your whole case is a giant contradiction. For future reference, contradictions are direct oppositions and it is a noun. I honestly don't even know what the fuck you're asking. Why are you worrying about things like Priiloader when you want to "update officially?" It makes no sense.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smashdude said:
The headset works now and it only works when Priiloader is not installed apparently so I am assuming it is not Priiloaders problem.

Apparently? Is it installed or isn't it? If you hold down reset while you wii boots what happens?

Let me get this straight, when priiloader was installed your wii wouldn't boot while the headset was plugged in. Now you don't have priiloader, the wii boots up fine with headset plugged in. After all this, you're saying the problem was not caused by priiloader?

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ryukouki said:
You have to understand that you've done so many things to your system by now that whatever option we give you is gonna be useless. We continually offer the best of advice to you and it goes out the other ear, much to the annoyance of people like XFlak. I honestly don't know why staff turns such a blind eye towards you. It's ridiculous. If I did that, I'd be banned on the spot. You ask way too many questions, and things that are supposed to be solutions, turn into problems for you only. No one has as many problems as you.

About your newest problem, why do you even need Priiloader anyways? You're not pirating or anything anyways. Your whole case is a giant contradiction. For future reference, contradictions are direct oppositions and it is a noun. I honestly don't even know what the fuck you're asking. Why are you worrying about things like Priiloader when you want to "update officially?" It makes no sense.

It makes sense if you conclude that he is a troll, pure and simple, getting his troll-lols. Some mod got bent out of shape when a few of us counter-trolled him, also in the name of good lolz...I'm guessing they just haven't realized that this kid is a troll, simple as that. Smashdude's trollings were a lot more incoherent initially, but he has learned to clean them up a bit as to appear "legit." The situations are just as convoluted, but his apparent grammar has improved. Oh, if we had the IP logs...
biggrin.gif
I'm reasonably sure he's a former GBATemper with a grudge.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
fattest said:
smashdude said:
The headset works now and it only works when Priiloader is not installed apparently so I am assuming it is not Priiloaders problem.
Apparently? Is it installed or isn't it? If you hold down reset while you wii boots what happens?

Let me get this straight, when priiloader was installed your wii wouldn't boot while the headset was plugged in. Now you don't have priiloader, the wii boots up fine with headset plugged in. After all this, you're saying the problem was not caused by priiloader?

QUOTE(BBking83 @ Dec 10 2010, 04:18 PM)
Look, smashdude, I'll clearly point out your options...

1. Uninstall Priiloader and turn on the Wii with the headset plugged in.

2. Leave Priiloader installed and unplug the headset to turn your Wii on.

You can't have both. Although, I'd prefer it if you couldn't turn your Wii on at all.
from page 6.

He just doesn't like listening or making sure he knows what is actually installed in his Wii...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Well I don't forgive him. He's been eating ALL the Tempus Bannus's :angry: