Hardware Which graphics card should I get?

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next generation is only a month or 2, and the current gen has been out a year or two, so I'd wait.

More importantly, computer part prices (especially graphics cards) are exceptionally high right now.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on what you're looking for in gaming. As of now GPU prices are high and if your budget income isn't great then trying to move up the next GPU in NVIDIA/AMD hierarchy isn't a good idea. 1050ti however is an excellent budget GPU for 1080p gaming at medium/high settings at around 40-60fps. Honestly I'd say hold off until next generation or at least current GPU prices drop to normal.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
As others have mentioned it depends on what you're wanting to go for. I purchased a 1080Ti several months ago and honestly, it's a great card but it's been pretty overpowered for most of the games I've been playing. So much so that I've had to use v-sync in some games to bring the fps down. You could go for the next wave of gpus but you may find yourself in the same position. As it currently stands, I don't think anything out there is utilizing the current power of gpus to their maximum, unless of course you're running a 4K setup and going for ultra on all the settings, but even then you'd probably want some sort of SLI setup.

Also, as others have mentioned, gpus are expensive at the moment because of the bitcoin mining issue.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As others have mentioned it depends on what you're wanting to go for. I purchased a 1080Ti several months ago and honestly, it's a great card but it's been pretty overpowered for most of the games I've been playing. So much so that I've had to use v-sync in some games to bring the fps down.
Getting enough fps to be able to use VSYNC is a good thing though.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seems a good rig for a 1050Ti.... nothing from AMD at the same rrp competes with one in my opinion, so if that's your budget then that's the best buy if you ask me. If you afford a few quid more, I'd still get the 1050 but clod another 8GB ram in if possible ;)

Phya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is only a 1050 tho, i am looking at a 1050ti, it has more graphics memory for only a little bit more money

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The ASUS STRIX 1050ti looks great tho and i heard its a beast at overclocking

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cheese, vsync? the mouse latency bullshit?
No, the thing that makes people like me not get sick from uneven frame timings and tearing.
And you have to wait the same time for the frame to display on the monitor, latency has nothing to do with it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo