Which Flashcards are still supported?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Sandvich1, Apr 11, 2013.

Apr 11, 2013
  1. Sandvich1
    OP

Newcomer Sandvich1 Advanced Member

Australia
    Which flashcard should I buy for my 3DS? I want one that can play the vast majority of the DS library. My 3DS firmware is updated as of Paper Mario: Sticker Star and I have an Australian system.

2. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    Dstwo, or a R4i Gold by the R4ids.cn team
    they both have the top compatibility with games, dstwo has more features but it costs abit more

the problem with card is not there gaming ability, the way to judge the best is the Firmware Updates provided
    DSTwo, is always the fastest to receive updates, R4i Gold by the R4ids.cn shortly follows after it

Firmware is what has to be updated to work on a new 3DS update, so the card must be updated before the console,
    Kernel is what needs updating for newer games to work, the DSTwo does normally not even need and update, all other cards always do

3. Sandvich1
    OP

Newcomer Sandvich1 Advanced Member

Australia
    I don't intend to ever update my 3DS again, so I guess it's not an issue. I'll get the DS Two anyway to be safe. Thanks!

4. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    if you wish you play newer games, there wont be a choice, Paper Mario applying 4.4.0-10 & Luigi's Mansion 2 applying 4.5.0-10 so its all dependant if you want to play newer games llike Pokemon X or Y when they release

5. superrainbow
    This message by superrainbow has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    Apr 11, 2013
  6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  7. avran89

Member avran89 ALWB 4 LIFE!!! MOOSE!!!

United States
    Both DSTwo and R4i are compatible with 3ds. I STRONGLY recommend DSTwo instead, since R4ids.cn team drags their knuckles to get updates and fixes.