Which Flashcard should I get?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Mr.Homelesshobo, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Mr.Homelesshobo
    OP

Mr.Homelesshobo Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2014
    Canada
    I have been wanting to get a flashcard for my 3ds lately because of the lack of gba and super Nintendo games on the eshop. But there are two flash cards and I am not sure which one I should choose.

Should I get the Gateway card if I want to play DS games, super nintendo games, gba games, and maybe 3ds games? Or should I just get the Supercard?

2. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Gateway for 3DS roms only works on firmware4.1-4.5

DSTwo is the way to go for everything else

3. Mr.Homelesshobo
    OP

Mr.Homelesshobo Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2014
    Canada
    Thank you for the quick response.
    I shall be ordering a DStwo shortly.

4. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Just to clarify, DStwo doesnt play 3DS roms at all. DS mode only.

5. Mr.Homelesshobo
    OP

Mr.Homelesshobo Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2014
    Canada
    I understand that, I buy most of my 3ds games anyway.

6. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    gateway 3DS can run GBA games via rom injection, but the emulation speed is so crappy slow, that even stating the fact, that it does run them is kinda wrong, especially if you use it to convince someone to buy it for that reason ....
    gateway team is still working on a solution of their own to make them run properly (at least they are trying to do so, no promises)

7. Colinson

Colinson Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2014
    United States
    Vote for dstwo card if you already get most of your 3ds roms and i have it for about 1 year now, everything is fine till now: http://www.r4depot.com/10-supercard-dstwo-for-nintendo-dsldsi3ds3ds-xl2ds.html . For gba roms, then dstwo is the best, it has best available SNES/GBA emulators, also cheap than gateway 3ds, the most important is that it don't need to only work on v4.1-4.5 3ds. Do some researching before getting your card, there are many fake site in the market now.