Homebrew Which flash carts support DSLinux?

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello,
This is a quote from the site wiki:
QUOTE said:
Recommended Slot-1 devices

* Acekard RPG
* M3 DS Real

I do have an M3DS REAL + an EZ 3in1 Slot-2 linker for extra RAM and it runs very well. The virtual keyboard is a bit imprecise, but I don't know if this comes from my DS, my linker, or DSLinux (I could not test it on my DS-Xtreme since it's not compatible).

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should also keep in mind that DSLinux basically requires a slot-2 RAM expansion to work properly. You can run it without one, but it doesn't really work properly.

m-p{3}

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
lincruste said:
Hello,
This is a quote from the site wiki:
QUOTE said:
Recommended Slot-1 devices

* Acekard RPG
* M3 DS Real

I do have an M3DS REAL + an EZ 3in1 Slot-2 linker for extra RAM and it runs very well. The virtual keyboard is a bit imprecise, but I don't know if this comes from my DS, my linker, or DSLinux (I could not test it on my DS-Xtreme since it's not compatible).
I used my R4 in the past, and I currently use my AceKard 2.1 + EZ 3in1 with DSLinux. As said above, my virtual keyboard is also a bit imprecise, but it did that on my R4 too. So I guess it's DSLinux itself that is not calibrated properly.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my experience, the DSLinux keyboard is the most accurate and easy-to-use of any DS homebrew app I've ever used. This is using a slot-2 Supercard miniSD.

The only slot-1 device I know of that DSLinux doesn't work on is the Supercard DS. Flat-out refuses to run for me.

Be careful when getting slot-2 RAM. I'm fairly certain DSLinux only supports the older versions of the 3in1, not the "3in1 Plus" hardware revision. A slot-2 Supercard would probably be a safer bet for getting a full 32 MB of extra RAM to work with, even if it will be rather battery-hungry, but check the DSLinux wiki for other slot-2 devices that will provide extra usable RAM.

James_Wulfe

Trophies
Website
okami-designs.ath.cx
XP
Country
United States
First of all Linux enthusiast are not a rare breed
sleep.gif
Linux happens to be a widely used OS by both users and businesses .......

With that said DSLinux works on pretty much every cart, a better question would be what cart does it NOT work on, which i believe the answer is none, and before someone says it does not work on my DSTT there is two fixes for it already found here at gbatemp, try using Google ;p

Also yes you should get a slot 2 ram of some sort such as the 3in1 to use it to its fullest, it can be used without but is not very useful and will likely crash.

michael13162

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Thanks everyone for replying soo fast. I think I am going to get the acecard 2.1 with an expansion thingy in slot 2. (who needs cheats anyway)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc