Which flash carts support DSLinux?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by michael13162, Jul 10, 2009.

Jul 10, 2009
  1. michael13162
    OP

Newcomer michael13162 Newbie

United States
    My dad is one of those rare Linux fanatics so I was wondering which flash carts support DSlinux? Any help is appreciated.

2. lincruste

Member lincruste GBAtemp Regular

Hello,
    This is a quote from the site wiki:
    I do have an M3DS REAL + an EZ 3in1 Slot-2 linker for extra RAM and it runs very well. The virtual keyboard is a bit imprecise, but I don't know if this comes from my DS, my linker, or DSLinux (I could not test it on my DS-Xtreme since it's not compatible).

3. Da-Bomb1

Member Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    You should also keep in mind that DSLinux basically requires a slot-2 RAM expansion to work properly. You can run it without one, but it doesn't really work properly.

4. m-p{3}

Member m-p{3} GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I used my R4 in the past, and I currently use my AceKard 2.1 + EZ 3in1 with DSLinux. As said above, my virtual keyboard is also a bit imprecise, but it did that on my R4 too. So I guess it's DSLinux itself that is not calibrated properly.

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    In my experience, the DSLinux keyboard is the most accurate and easy-to-use of any DS homebrew app I've ever used. This is using a slot-2 Supercard miniSD.

The only slot-1 device I know of that DSLinux doesn't work on is the Supercard DS. Flat-out refuses to run for me.

Be careful when getting slot-2 RAM. I'm fairly certain DSLinux only supports the older versions of the 3in1, not the "3in1 Plus" hardware revision. A slot-2 Supercard would probably be a safer bet for getting a full 32 MB of extra RAM to work with, even if it will be rather battery-hungry, but check the DSLinux wiki for other slot-2 devices that will provide extra usable RAM.

6. James_Wulfe

Member James_Wulfe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    First of all Linux enthusiast are not a rare breed [​IMG] Linux happens to be a widely used OS by both users and businesses .......

With that said DSLinux works on pretty much every cart, a better question would be what cart does it NOT work on, which i believe the answer is none, and before someone says it does not work on my DSTT there is two fixes for it already found here at gbatemp, try using Google ;p

Also yes you should get a slot 2 ram of some sort such as the 3in1 to use it to its fullest, it can be used without but is not very useful and will likely crash.

7. michael13162
    OP

Newcomer michael13162 Newbie

United States
    Wow. Thanks everyone for replying soo fast. I think I am going to get the acecard 2.1 with an expansion thingy in slot 2. (who needs cheats anyway)

8. Shark-kun

Newcomer Shark-kun Newbie

Russia
    Website http://dslinux.org/ does not work! And do not look with some cards it works, I R4I-GOLD (r4i-gold.com), If the chance to run on it?

9. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    it could run