Hacking Which flash card to play DS games on cfw emunand

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure what you're trying to say here, but the 2i works perfectly on n3ds xl with two patched.

I couldn't get it to work on my N3DS even with whitelist v0 on both NANDs. While it is recognized it gives the force restart error message.
The Acekard 2i never worked on N3DS, as it was blocked somewhere around 4.x, and thus should also not work with an older whitelist.
This only works for cards that at some point worked on your device and then were blocked.

I have no idea how you can possibly make the AK2i run on N3DS because I read multiple times that it can't and I was also not able to.

The twl firm patch that you apply does not enable the original R4 DS cartridge.

See above. A card that never ran on said console on a lower firmware can also not be patched to do so.

NEED...GUIDE...NOW for reiNAND

Reinand is idiotically easy. Download, unzip, set Ctr to reinand.dat, done. No need to mess with firmware, no tampering with files, just unzip and go.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I couldn't get it to work on my N3DS even with whitelist v0 on both NANDs. While it is recognized it gives the force restart error message.
The Acekard 2i never worked on N3DS, as it was blocked somewhere around 4.x, and thus should also not work with an older whitelist.
This only works for cards that at some point worked on your device and then were blocked.

I have no idea how you can possibly make the AK2i run on N3DS because I read multiple times that it can't and I was also not able to.

See above. A card that never ran on said console on a lower firmware can also not be patched to do so.

Reinand is idiotically easy. Download, unzip, set Ctr to reinand.dat, done. No need to mess with firmware, no tampering with files, just unzip and go.
Oh, I made ctr to reiNAND.3dsx , maybe that's why it didn't work for me.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They're n

Prime example of why it doesn't matter: https://gbatemp.net/threads/r4i-gold-3ds-vs-r4i-gold-3ds-rts.346189/

As long as it's a 1:1 clone (since only Gateway and Sky3DS are really the only authentic carts out there), has 3DS compatibility, real-time save feature, and is sold from a legit site. That's all that matters.

Edit: And figuring out the folder structure depending on what flavor of firmware/kernel for your cart (different clones have different file structures).

If you're still unsure check out the twl firm compatibility list and do research from there OR default to a gateway 3ds/Sky3DS.
Those are the same card. The cart chaos_jockey mentioned is a completely different card.

shaneod

Trophies
XP
Country
I couldn't get it to work on my N3DS even with whitelist v0 on both NANDs.
I said it worked because mine works. On the she thread, I'm pretty sure others tried with the 2i and it worked for them. The 2 also worked, with the twl launcher, interestingly.
You just need a pre-patched twl firm obtained from that iso site and an up to date akaio firmware.
The whitelist v0 on its own doesn't work for the new3ds.

Last edited by shaneod,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I said it worked because mine works. On the she thread, I'm pretty sure others tried with the 2i and it worked for them. The 2 also worked, with the twl launcher, interestingly.
You just need a pre-patched twl firm obtained from that iso site and an up to date akaio firmware.
The whitelist v0 on its own doesn't work for the new3ds.
Well maybe my card's firmware itself isn't up to date. Don't have an old DS at hand to update it.

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Acekard 2i, did work on the 3DS on firmware 1 with firmware upgrades to 4.x

The white list downgrade does not make it work anymore but the patched TWL_FIRM for N3DS installed to emuNAND makes mine work just fine, in fact I upgraded my backup one that was never updated to run on the 3DS after installing the patch

The Acekard 2i was designed to run on the DSi it did not require Auto booting meaning it will work fine with patched TWL_FIRM

Last edited by Gcentrex,
Reactions: chaos_jockey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I went to a garage sell last saturday, and the lady had a PS2 for sale, but she had a sign on it...