Which files can i delete?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by jchen, Apr 9, 2009.

Apr 9, 2009

Which files can i delete? by jchen at 10:59 PM (1,064 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. jchen
    OP

Member jchen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    While i wait for my ak2i to arrive, i set up my microsd, tell me if i missed anything.
    I copied the _aio and akmenu4.nds to the root. I updated the loader and wifi plugin (does that actually affect wifi games or is it only used for updating firmwares via wifi?)
    Now, if i only want to play ds games and nothing else (also no CHEATS) what can i delete?

2. MUDjoe2

Newcomer MUDjoe2 Advanced Member

United States
    Wi-fi plugin is for updating loaders and such via wi-fi. It has no effect on wi-fi games. I repeat, it has NO effect on wi-fi games. If you don't want cheats, you can probably delete everything in the cheats folder. Notice I say probably, because I have no clue what will happen if you do. I keep them there mostly for backup activators (i.e. Chrono Trigger).

And since you're using an ak2i, I implore you to make sure you're using AKAIO 1.4.1., as older versions of AKAIO can and will brick your card.

3. jchen
    OP

United States
    I guess i leave everything then. 15 megs not much anyway. And yes im using 1.4.1. PROPER

4. MUDjoe2

United States
    Okay, good. You should be all set when it comes. Enjoy!

5. jchen
    OP

United States
    Also i forgot to ask, my r4 saves should work fine on the acekard as long as it matches the the name of the rom?

6. Boxcutteh

Newcomer Boxcutteh Member

Canada
    Exactly.

7. MUDjoe2

United States
    Well....what extention are they? I'm not all too familiar with R4's. AKAIO can read .nds.sav and .sav, just before you play any games check that you set it to the right extention.

8. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    you can also delete any skins your not using, and any of the ak+ and r.p.g. loaders.

-another world

9. jchen
    OP

United States
    So should i delete the whole cheats folder or just URSCHEAT file? Is the stuff in plugin and fonts deletable too?

10. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    i would only delete files and not folders, although i have not tried the former. if it screws up just throw the firmware back on. then again the ak2i loves to be ultra-sensitive and brick the dsi mode.

-another world