Hardware which external dvd drive enclosure do I need?

Kevenater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have a softmodded 4.0 wii and I want to backup my games. I just ordered the LG gdr 8164b dvd rom drive to read the wii disks. I am using a laptop with vista and have to use an external dvd burner as the laptop only has a dvd rom/ cd-rw drive. I can use the existing external drive to burn and the lg that i've ordered to do the reading correct? Can somebody recommend a good external dvd drive enclosure for the lg drive i'm getting? Here's what the drive description says:

INTERFACE E-IDE/ATAPI

REAR PANEL CONNECTIONS E-IDE/Interface, 4 Pin Power Input, Analog and Digital, Mode Selector Jumper

I also have a desktop but the hard drive is bad but I have an old 20 gb hd with win 98 on it that I could put in there and use it just for backing up my wii games. if the laptop route won't work. I looked around on newegg and tigerdirect but I don't really know FOR SURE which enclosure I need for the style of dvd rom that the lg is. Thanks for any help. Need to order an enclosure asap!

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
Its a standard ide type connection and 4 pin molex for the power. Pretty much any external dvd/cd drive enclosure should be fine. Id go for a USB2 enclosure if possible as you will get much quicker transfers.

Kevenater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another question. the description says the dvd rom is

SIZE (WxDxH) (146mm x 201mm x 41.5mm)
5.75" x 7.91" x 1.63"
Standard Half Height Drive Size

every ext dvd drive enclsure i'm finding online says 5.25" Seems like that is too small. Can somebody recommend one that'll work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...