Which Emunand version should i update to?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by SpeedPowered, Feb 6, 2015.

1. SpeedPowered
    OP

SpeedPowered GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2015
    Stratford, Newham, United Kingdom
    I just got my gateway and idk if should i update to latest or not...btw to update to a lower version could i use gateway rom or?

2. nine0nine

nine0nine Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 21, 2006
    Albania
    no!

3. SpeedPowered
    OP

Jan 31, 2015
    no what?

4. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    Not sure what the no is for either. If you have everything set up and you see the GW before your firmware version in settings, it's ok to update to 9.5 emunand. Just double check to make sure you don't update sysnand instead. Everything functions normally on 9.5 emunand on 3.0.4 gateway.

5. moneychild

moneychild Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2013
    United States
    You cannot choose which emunand to update to. You will always have to update to the latest one which is 9.5 right now, I think

6. SpeedPowered
    OP

Jan 31, 2015
    yes its gw3d 4.5.0-4E so if i press update i get 9.5 ?btw after this i can run games from gateway and play online?i read smth about using headers and stuff.dont know much in that sinde...

7. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    once you're updated to gw 9.5.whatever yes you can access eshop and stuff. For headers you'll need to find a previous thread that explains it. You need to modify your roms to go online.

SpeedPowered likes this.
  8. SpeedPowered
    OP

Jan 31, 2015
    thank you.

9. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    Also while you're on 9.5 emunand download patches for every game you play JUST in case nintendo releases another update and blocks eshop. You don't need to be on latest firmware to go online but you do need the latest patch for that specific game.

10. SpeedPowered
    OP

Jan 31, 2015
    what are those patches? adn i got a problem.i loaded 4 games on my 3ds but i cant see any.i made everything right...do i forgot smth?

-----

my bad,games work didn know that i have to press select..

11. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    Games like tamadochi life, mario kart, and some others need patches to go online.

12. SpeedPowered
    OP

Jan 31, 2015
  13. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    Yup, but I forgot what the most current version is. And I forgot the specific steps as it's been a while since I've done it. But you're on the right track. I'd start hunting for the old threads. I think the thread name was something "playing games online with gateway 2.2" or some sort.

14. SpeedPowered
    OP

Jan 31, 2015
    seems it works with public id not with my cartidge id.its possible because that game its not muliplayer?also i cant log in with my nintendo club id in my eshop.idk if its normal or not and one more question:i turned spotpass autoupdates off in emunand and in normal software its not even configured.shout i set it on off or its recomanded as not set?(had a system reset bf gateway installation)
    thx
    edit:game updated but seems wont work even with public header...

15. mmn

mmn GBAtemp Regular

Dec 22, 2014
    United States
    The no was because, as far as I remember, trying to update emunand with a rom results in a brick.

16. SpeedPowered
    OP

Jan 31, 2015
    cant get it to wotk online guys i used header from turbos super stunt squad on super smash bros.what i do wrong?wont woek even with public header...help plssssss