Hacking Which dvd rom is best for wii

electrico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
My wii is one from the first wiis and today dvd rom ,with a wiikey on it, stop working and i want to replace it with a new one and i want the new one to support wiikey 2.
Which one is best?

(I have clean the lazer lens with the cleaning kit from nintendo but it seems that the motor of the drive is broken because of the weird sounds that it generate when i put a disc)
My wii is in 4.2 (europe)

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You're talking about the DVD drive, right? If you want a Wiikey 2-compatible drive, you just need any D2E or earlier drive for a Wiikey 2. (There's virtually no difference between drive chipset revisions, except for blocking modchips.) Note that epoxy-covered D2E drives require the epoxy to be removed.

P.S.- DVD-ROMs are discs.
wink.gif

electrico

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Dialexio said:
You're talking about the DVD drive, right? If you want a Wiikey 2-compatible drive, you just need any D2E or earlier drive for a Wiikey 2. (There's virtually no difference between drive chipset revisions, except for blocking modchips.) Note that epoxy-covered D2E drives require the epoxy to be removed.

P.S.- DVD-ROMs are discs.
wink.gif

thanx for the answer. And you r right dvd-rom are discs
laugh.gif

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaz808 said:
Dvd Roms are drives, Dvd are disc's

A dvd rom is a disc that cannot be written to.
rom:

Read
Only
Memory

as a side note, the people that make memory are hypocrites. They say something is read only even when it is "electronically erasable".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)