Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

DeadKiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well man, thanks, but i cant buy a 3DS with a price above 200$, cuz i can only use 300$ every year and if a 3DS bundle cost 250$ then i can't buy the Gateway 3DS (i only could buy that one, i don't like the others).

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a European user on ebay that sells brand new gateway ready 3DS XL consoles - 1400+ feedback at 100%:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/16amelie16/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

I have personally had one a few months ago, and so has a friend of mine and there have been no problems at all. The ones we got (and the current ones for sale) are German models, although of course this won't effect use.
As of this post, they are selling 4.4.0-10E Blue/Blacks.

Hmmm £170 for a 3DS XL is quite expensive don't you think?
I mean if its new, the max I would want to pay for it is like £150 especially when you consider the cost of the Gateway card on top of this.
I might consider looking in Argos as you can take it back without opening if the serial number is wrong.

Anyone know how to make sure a second hand version with the software stating 4.5 is actually 4.5

Edit: Just read that the 3ds is excluded from the Argos money back thing damn...
Edit 2: OK it might be included after all.

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks
Just wondering if you were unlucky could you or returned it like that? Maybe under the DSR?
Or would you of sold it on and look for another?

peloi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would have returned it, they have 28 days return policy.
Mine came with charger, sd card and stylus, which I was not expecting for the price, happy.

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
- S/N: SUF1034xxx x
- F/W: 4.5.0-10E
- Copyright: 2013
- Color: Black
- Model: 3DS XL

I went down to my local Argos today and asked the customer services to check their stock, they had this Black one which is gateway compatible, and a White one too. :)

Reactions: cearp

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
- S/N: SUF1034xxx x
- F/W: 4.5.0-10E
- Copyright: 2013
- Color: Black

I went down to my local Argos today and asked the customer services to check their stock, they had this Black one which is gateway compatible, and a White one too. :)

What exactly did you ask? The serial numbers?

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I paid the current price for it, and yes I gave the lady a piece of paper with the maximum serial number on it and asked her to look through the stock in the security room.

Unn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found at my local Gamestop, all I did was ask for a 3DS XL with a serial starting with SW12, they gave me this with no questions asked.
- S/N: SW1241
- F/W: 4.4.0-10U
- Copyright: 2012
- Color: Red

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
After a quick look on the website the Pink and Silver ones are currently reduced (As they only had Black and White with the correct serials I couldn't really get that deal). And yes, I wrote down SUF/SUH1035 and SEF/SEH1153 on a piece of paper and gave it to her, telling her to look for those serials or lower.

Reactions: noki@

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
After a quick look on the website the Pink and Silver ones are currently reduced (As they only had Black and White with the correct serials I couldn't really get that deal). And yes, I wrote down SUF/SUH1035 and SEF/SEH1153 on a piece of paper and gave it to her, telling her to look for those serials or lower.

Thanks

SaggyBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know the firmware that the Mario & Luigi Dream Team bundle had when released, or perhaps the serial?

It is a newer bundle which has firmware as low as 6.x I believe. Its my understanding that these bundles do not have the 4.1 to 4.5 firmware range. You'd be better off with a mario kart 7 or mario land 3d bundle.

jjfro9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have read that I should be good getting a 3DS XL with firmware version 4.5 or below as long as I stay with a serial number SW12 or below. I am planning to purchase a brand new one off eBay with serial number SW127413. It is a pink 3ds xl. Is it possible that I would end up with 5.0 or higher? I am a little hesitant to buy it off eBay because I would not be able to return it if it is not 4.5 or below. If anyone could let me know if they have one similar to these numbers and it is good I would truly appreciate it. Has anyone come across numbers similar to SW127413 and it was not a 4.5 version? Thank you so much for any help to ease my mind.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hello. I have read that I should be good getting a 3DS XL with firmware version 4.5 or below as long as I stay with a serial number SW12 or below. I am planning to purchase a brand new one off eBay with serial number SW127413. It is a pink 3ds xl. Is it possible that I would end up with 5.0 or higher? I am a little hesitant to buy it off eBay because I would not be able to return it if it is not 4.5 or below. If anyone could let me know if they have one similar to these numbers and it is good I would truly appreciate it. Has anyone come across numbers similar to SW127413 and it was not a 4.5 version? Thank you so much for any help to ease my mind.
Should be ok,
From the wiki highest known serial with 4.x was
Pink/White 3DS XL: SW1286xxxx x
Which is higher than the one your looking at, so very very likely to be 4.x assuming it's brand new and sealed

Reactions: jjfro9

noki@

Trophies
XP
Country
Just bought a new one from Ebay, who confirmed to me the serial number being suf101xxxxx I paid £155 for it. If anyone is interested PM me and I can tell you who the seller is.

Blue and black XL

Katana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always go to pawn shops and check there. If possible ask the cashier if they/you can check the firmware. There is a pawn shop close to where I live that sell 3DSs cheap.

KristianKenneth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
This happened to me today:

I went to a store to buy a 3DS XL with firmware 4.5 and below looking for (c) 2012 and SW127 serial, all I can find were SW13 which is no good. I read somewhere that I should purchase a Mario Kart bundle instead with (c) 2012. I found one, the last one indeed with serial SS###. But to my dismay it came with the firmware 6.3. I almost puked

I went home contemplating my options, wishing the gateway team would release their version for 6.3 exploit. I checked the unit to put a screen guard on it and saw this thing, like a dirt if you may, that is inside the screen. I was really happy so I went back to the store, showed them and they happily gave me a refund.

I went to other stores and saw one 3DS XL blue with serial SW128... I passed, too risky, went to another store again and saw this 3DS XL red with serial SW126.... I was really happy, though they are offering it over priced. To much to my dismay, they can't find the key to that glass stand. DAYUM.

I'll come back tomorrow to get it, my day was a total waste of time but then again atleast I have my money back and not a paperweight 3DS XL waiting for gateway team for their next release

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo