Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

Aly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Can someone explain to me how the 3DS XL serial numbering works in order to get firmware 4.5 3ds XL.Is it like this that Red/Black 3ds XL whose serial number is until SW1279xxxx have firmware 4.5 or below.Very anxious for explanation or reply.

gigafart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain to me how the 3DS XL serial numbering works in order to get firmware 4.5 3ds XL.Is it like this that Red/Black 3ds XL whose serial number is until SW1279xxxx have firmware 4.5 or below.Very anxious for explanation or reply.

Yes that is correct SW127 should have the 4.5.0-10U firmware. SW11 and SW10 will have a lower firmware and you can upgrade it if you like.

Aly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
So then all the Red/Black 3ds XL whose serial numbers are below SW1279xxxx have firmware 4.5 or below? Is the highest serial number that has 4.5 is SW127 or SW1279xxxx . Gonna Get a 3ds tomorrow . Need a quick reply :nds:

gigafart

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So then all the Red/Black 3ds XL whose serial numbers are below SW1279xxxx have firmware 4.5 or below? Is the highest serial number that has 4.5 is SW127 or SW1279xxxx . Gonna Get a 3ds tomorrow . Need a quick reply :nds:

I personally have a SW1270xxxx and it came with 4.5.0-10U. If you want to be safe, just get a SW10 or SW11.

Witchdokter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi, i just bought a white 3ds XL, it had the 2013© however its serial number was SEF11371XXX X which is below te supossed serial number for EU to have a system version of 4.5 or higher. but odly enough its version is 7.1.0, and i am pretty sure i didn't pacht anything or it must be able to patch itself wile being charged whitout even being turned on. maby the storekeeper dit patch it or something like that. but now i wonder how great the possibility is to have a serial number lower than SEx1153xxxx x and yet have a system version higher than 4.5. also should i return my ds in the hope of finding one with a system version lower than 4.5 or should i just keep it.

edit: i found out that the 3ds porbably has been sold before and returned again, which explains the high system version, because the club nintendo code which came with it had already been used.

Witchdokter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
that would be a valid excuse, however i don't think they are already charged in the store.

edit: and when you do find a higher version but no dead pixels you're kind of screwd because if you say there are dead pixels the shop keeper would probably like to see for himself

Stickert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just tell him I wanna pirate all dem games m8 fuk u.

I got mine from ombouwnederland for 170 euro. But they sell them for 230 now so if you dont mind getting ripped off a little, you can order there.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
that would be a valid excuse, however i don't think they are already charged in the store.

edit: and when you do find a higher version but no dead pixels you're kind of screwd because if you say there are dead pixels the shop keeper would probably like to see for himself
You have no obligation to buy anything, even if you say wow this is perfect....but NO, I want one that's not perfect lol

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
that might be true, but the paranoid parrot in me says that i shouldn't give them a hunch on that i might want to hack it.
What does it matter they can't exactly call the police and say "this guy didn't buy my 3ds, you should come get him"
Obviously you just say something like "hmmmmm I'm not sure, the picture looks better on my standard 3ds so I might just stick with that" or if you want to take another shot at a different console just say "yeah but my GF/BF/mother etc has one this colour it may get mixed up....can I see a blue one instead

Better yet, you can "forget your wallet" that's agent out of any purchase even if you messed them about checking 10 different consoles

Witchdokter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What does it matter they can't exactly call the police and say "this guy didn't buy my 3ds, you should come get him"
Obviously you just say something like "hmmmmm I'm not sure, the picture looks better on my standard 3ds so I might just stick with that" or if you want to take another shot at a different console just say "yeah but my GF/BF/mother etc has one this colour it may get mixed up....can I see a blue one instead

that might be true, i just don't like to lie, because i am afraid that they would see trough it, like with the dead pixels story.

Witchdokter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just tell him I wanna pirate all dem games m8 fuk u.

I got mine from ombouwnederland for 170 euro. But they sell them for 230 now so if you dont mind getting ripped off a little, you can order there.

that sounds like a good backup plan, however i wonder how they are able to downgrade them, because i read that withoud a 4.5 backup of you own console you're pretty much screwd

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
that might be true, i just don't like to lie, because i am afraid that they would see trough it, like with the dead pixels story.
Forget your wallet then, just leave it in the car, if it's good run out and get your wallet, if it's bad be like "crap I left my wallet at home I will pop back tomorrow" you never know you might get lucky and find one first try and not have to tell any porkies, but it sounds like you might benefit from a bit of practice :ha: telling little white lies is an important life skill

Witchdokter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Forget your wallet then, just leave it in the car, if it's good run out and get your wallet, if it's bad be like "crap I left my wallet at home I will pop back tomorrow" you never know you might get lucky and find one first try and not have to tell any porkies, but it sounds like you might benefit from a bit of practice :ha: telling little white lies is an important life skill

well, i know how to tell a little white lie, however in doing so i usually stick more to the truth than is common, and only leave out the part that i don't want to tell. that way i don't have to think up a whole new story which they might see trough.
for example when buying this 3ds (which i mentioned before) i just asked if i might check if the serial number is the same as on the box, for all they know i might have OCD or something like that.

Stickert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
that sounds like a good backup plan, however i wonder how they are able to downgrade them, because i read that withoud a 4.5 backup of you own console you're pretty much screwd

Yeah, it's not really downgraded. It's just a new 4.5 3ds (at least mine was). Some things on their site are a little misleading. They are a little sketchy and they have some bad reviews on the internet. I got mine with 4.5 firmware from them though.

Witchdokter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, it's not really downgraded. It's just a new 4.5 3ds (at least mine was). Some things on their site are a little misleading. They are a little sketchy and they have some bad reviews on the internet. I got mine with 4.5 firmware from them though.

i aready thought so seeing the bad photoshopped picture of a 3ds with a downgrading screen. too bad they are so sketchy, i always like to know what exactly it is i am buying, like i saw a bundle with a gamecard for 3d games without mentioning which gamecard it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1