Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

zrlan7710

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i want to buy my daughter a 3ds (not XL) thats gateway capable ... anyone know what serial number to look for ? or a thread like this one for the regular 3ds ?

i saw a 3ds with cw7238xxxx 1 and wonder if anyone knows the firmware on it ?
Read original post.

Just bought my 3DS XL in Walmart 4.2 yeahhh :)) Should I update to 4.5? Or 4.2 is fine if I'm using gateway? What are advantages?
Mine is 4.2 as well, I plan to upgrade it to 4.5 because that's the development focus but of course this is entirely optional.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Read original post.

( just like i wasted my time reading your post)....i did waste my time reading the 1st post b4 i posted ......and it wasn't even the 1st time i read it or checked the compatibility post , at least the other times i read the compatibility post i found something useful - your post is purely a waste of time- think b4 you post.

FYI the 3ds with cw7238xxxx 1

was indeed on 4.5u so i got lucky .

Just bought my 3DS XL in Walmart 4.2 yeahhh :)) Should I update to 4.5? Or 4.2 is fine if I'm using gateway? What are advantages?

as far as i have seen gateway works with either of those firmwares , so i see no advantage updating since you can use emulated nand to get to which ever firmware you want

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
( just like i wasted my time reading your post)....i did waste my time reading the 1st post b4 i posted ......and it wasn't even the 1st time i read it or checked the compatibility post , at least the other times i read the compatibility post i found something useful - your post is purely a waste of time- think b4 you post.

FYI the 3ds with cw7238xxxx 1

was indeed on 4.5u so i got lucky .

as far as i have seen gateway works with either of those firmwares , so i see no advantage updating since you can use emulated nand to get to which ever firmware you want
you sure it wasnt a swiched box or something cw7238xxxx is way past the recommended serial numbers

Copyright 2012 is NOT a guarantee of firmware <= 4.5.0. Having a Nintendo Serial Number <= SW12xxxxxx x in North America, SEx1153xxxx x or SUx1035xxxx x in Europe, or SJF1265xxxx x in Japan for a 3DS XL (or <= CW421xxxxx x for a regular 3DS in North America) is. The lower the serial number the older the unit (which for our purposes is better).
The Nintendo Serial Number can be found on the outside of the box on the top (It can also be found on the back of the 3DS itself)

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you sure it wasnt a swiched box or something cw7238xxxx is way past the recommended serial numbers

i want to buy my daughter a 3ds (not XL) thats gateway capable ... anyone know what serial number to look for ? or a thread like this one for the regular 3ds ?

i saw a 3ds with cw7238xxxx 1 and wonder if anyone knows the firmware on it ?
if the serial was different on the 3ds compared to the box , dont you think i would have posted so ?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if the serial was different on the 3ds compared to the box , dont you think i would have posted so ?
if i though so do you think i would of posted?...you could of simply not looked
still possible it was a motherboard swap or something......all im saying is that would appear to be a very strange find to have such a high serial with 4.x

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if i though so do you think i would of posted?...you could of simply not looked
still possible it was a motherboard swap or something......all im saying is that would appear to be a very strange find to have such a high serial with 4.x

i think whats happening here is no one looked at
my_previous_post said:
3ds (not XL)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i think whats happening here is no one looked at

Right I really don't gives crap you have serious attitude issues I read your previous post it seems you didn't read any posts at all, glad you got a 4.x console but when you don't read the faq's and then wonder why people don't help.......try reading in future
(or <= CW421xxxxx x for a regular 3DS in North America) is. The lower the serial number the older the unit (which for our purposes is better).

Reactions: markehmus

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Right I really don't gives crap you have serious attitude issues I read your previous post it seems you didn't read any posts at all, glad you got a 4.x console but when you don't read the faq's and then wonder why people don't help.......try reading in future
(or <= CW421xxxxx x for a regular 3DS in North America) is. The lower the serial number the older the unit (which for our purposes is better).
Awesome you found where it's posted , I read it several times but guess I'm just as guilty of not reading well enough.
Glad you pointed to it , now I can link my buddy.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Awesome you found where it's posted , I read it several times but guess I'm just as guilty of not reading well enough.
Glad you pointed to it , now I can link my buddy.
well glad its sorted, but if your buddy is considering a XL or is from another region the serial codes differ, this is the link from the first post which contains pretty much everything someone would need to know to find a 4.x console
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_ha...the_System_version_before_buying_a_new_3DS.3F

but on a side note you broke the record for highest serial running on 4.x :P you either got really lucky and picked up a console that had its motherboard swapped with a 4.x motherboard or your just the first to get such a high serial number to confirm they come with 4.x

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well glad its sorted, but if your buddy is considering a XL or is from another region the serial codes differ, this is the link from the first post which contains pretty much everything someone would need to know to find a 4.x console
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_ha...the_System_version_before_buying_a_new_3DS.3F

but on a side note you broke the record for highest serial running on 4.x :P you either got really lucky and picked up a console that had its motherboard swapped with a 4.x motherboard or your just the first to get such a high serial number to confirm they come with 4.x

Got the XL some and more of the same are waiting , I am all good with the XL serial numbers.

That not XL pink 3ds I just got my daughter had been sitting at walmart for at least six months , I just kept passing over it and getting the XL. I don't think the chart is correct for the regular size 3ds , I doubt there has been any tampering with the mobo

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Got the XL some and more of the same are waiting , I am all good with the XL serial numbers.

That not XL pink 3ds I just got my daughter had been sitting at walmart for at least six months , I just kept passing over it and getting the XL. I don't think the chart is correct for the regular size 3ds , I doubt there has been any tampering with the mobo
well its correct.....just not complete, it can only be updated to say what the known safe serials are, so its a matter of seeing how high the serials went before they started amking them with 5.x+ there is always the possibility of stock that had been made but not labeled yet so the odd older FW ends up with a much higher serial than usual

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I
well its correct.....just not complete, it can only be updated to say what the known safe serials are, so its a matter of seeing how high the serials went before they started amking them with 5.x+ there is always the possibility of stock that had been made but not labeled yet so the odd older FW ends up with a much higher serial than usual
I agree , incomplete . Would be awesome if more serials were posted by users and we could have a more complete list like the 360

axel the grim

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hi
I found 3ds xl with serial number SS10xxxx i think its middle east version
i want to ask its with firmware 4.5 or below or not

please help me T_T

Stickert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought a Black 3DS XL with 4.5.0-10E
Serial: SEF1146xxxxxxxx
Region: EU
Copyright: 2013

I don't know which country it's from exactly. Bought it from a dutch online shop, but they might have gotten it from another country. There is a french warning on the side of the box (that is not translated in other languages) so it might be from France.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
??????????? :gun:
I would *guess* it should be 4.x as the serial number is fairly low, but nobody has shared any details on consoles starting with SS but those letters are depending on the region afaik the actual serial is the numbers, so I would say it's fairly likely to be 4.x but again that's just a guess based on serial from other regions

Reactions: axel the grim

axel the grim

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I would *guess* it should be 4.x as the serial number is fairly low, but nobody has shared any details on consoles starting with SS but those letters are depending on the region afaik the actual serial is the numbers, so I would say it's fairly likely to be 4.x but again that's just a guess based on serial from other regions

mmmmmmm thanks man for your information

I will say to the seller if i can Checking the last update

thanks again :rolleyes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye