Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

Aekx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I thought EU had different serial codes
EDIT: A ToysRUS near me has a red XL with SW10, gonna pick it up in the morning

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought another one (may or may not need it, if not expect it to go up in the sale forum)

SW1269XXXXX
UPC 045496780043

I got it at Target, most of theirs were SW13 or even 14 now, but I found exactly one SW12 sitting right up in the front. The box was a little beat up compared to the rest, but hey, it's what's inside that counts ;)
It has 4.5.0-10U on it.

I had to go to 3 Targets before I found any. But I also didn't look beyond what was visible outside the glass, there may have been some behind the others, I'm not sure. Sucks they're getting so much harder to find :/

JumpingShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Aekx: From what I got after reading a lot to get mine, the only black ones that come with 4.5 are in Europe, all the NA ones are over 4.5 because they came out later. You seem to be in america and the person you refer to is in germany, which is why they got a chance to have a 4.5 with a Black model.

Edit: Sorry i didn't see that it was already replied/edited for some reasons.

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to point out that eBay is still a pretty viable option, although be prepared to pay a $40-$80 premium for your efforts.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats a last resort
im gonna hit up kmart, gamestop, bestbuy and see if they have any blue/black xl's in the 4.5 range

iordanis

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
- SN: SEH1080xxxx x
- FW: 4.4.0-10E
- Copyright: 2012
- Color: blue/black
- Model: 3DS XL

Cyberdrive

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
- SN: SEH1040xxxx x
- FW: 4.2.0-9E
- Color: silver/black

Just for stats, other details (pretty useless by now) are on the 1st page of this thread.

MrOldboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to point out that eBay is still a pretty viable option, although be prepared to pay a $40-$80 premium for your efforts.

Not if you message the sellers who are selling reasonable priced 3DS's and aren't aware of the demand for <4.5. Just ask what firmware its on, most reply. If you don't trust them ask for a picture, tell them that if it is <4.5 you'll buy it right then.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bestbuy was a no go
They only put out pieces of paper on the display shelf with a picture of the 3ds xl on it and says bring it to the register, they keep the boxes in the back

Luke McScary

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't trust ebay people. Your 3DS was a retoured one sold as new.
nope, he was a high rated seller who had lots of them, I sent it back and he sent me another new sealed one which was a SUH1008 on ver 4.2 firmware, SUF1043 should be added to the list as bad, since the highest SUF on the list is SUF1035.. somewhere between 1035 and 1043 there must be updated firmware

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
nope, he was a high rated seller who had lots of them, I sent it back and he sent me another new sealed one which was a SUH1008 on ver 4.2 firmware, SUF1043 should be added to the list as bad, since the highest SUF on the list is SUF1035.. somewhere between 1035 and 1043 there must be updated firmware
People retour game systems all the time. And the 3DS you got just happened to be one of those. I recently bought a game from a highly rated seller at amazon who claimed the game was new and sealed, only to find out that the game case was a cheap one from a 3rd party and he has poorly re-sealed the game himself with some cheap foil.

Luke McScary

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People retour game systems all the time. And the 3DS you got just happened to be one of those. I recently bought a game from a highly rated seller at amazon who claimed the game was new and sealed, only to find out that the game case was a cheap one from a 3rd party and he has poorly re-sealed the game himself with some cheap foil.
dude I'm telling you this was brand new, and unless there's a post elsewhere stating that above SUF1043 is safe, then I would assume that it's not.. idk I'm just tryna make sure nobody else ends up doing the same thing and gets an updated console

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

You have a point. SUFs have really low Serials but higher firmware than the others. I think about adding it and how.

D

Deleted User

I bought a brand new Blue/Black 3DS XL from a person on eBay, and I asked them about the serial number... The pictures showed the box as being ©2012

They said they already shipped it, but believes it started with "SW10".

I got it for $168, but the seller has increased the price now.

YMMV. http://www.ebay.com/itm/370987160044

They also have a Red/Black version.

Visi

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
- SN: SEF1092xxxx x
- FW: 4.3.0-10E
- Color: White
- Model: 3DS XL - with Super Mario 3D Land
- Shop: Anttila

Just for the stats..
There were still one or two on the shelf (PK:ssa)

Michunio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
- SN: SUF104XXXXXX
- FW: 6.2.0-12E
- Color: Blue

unlucky purchase from an online reseller ;( box and unit looked brand new so ....

anyway I ordered a new Super Robot Wars LE 3ds LL from nippon yasan which is supposed to be 4.5 or less

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
- SN: SUF104XXXXXX
- FW: 6.2.0-12E
- Color: Blue

unlucky purchase from an online reseller ;( box and unit looked brand new so ....

anyway I ordered a new Super Robot Wars LE 3ds LL from nippon yasan which is supposed to be 4.5 or less

Sorry :( and thank you, at least your post will help other users. This confirms that SUF (and likely SUH) have their own range of Serial Numbers.

D

Deleted User

- SN: SW103XXXXXX
- FW: 4.1.0-8u
- Color: Blue/Black
- Shop: eBay (Brand New)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Somethings maybe, but drives are rated in hours, so most likely many hours already on them. I...