Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Because target sold it for 149.99 and Wal-Mart sold it for 199.99.

so you swapped serials and returned the target purchase to walmart so you could make $50?

if that isn't the case then i still don't understand why you didn't just repack the target 6.1 unit and return it the next day to get back your $150. if that is the case, i still don't understand why you didn't just have walmart price match target.

-another world

hypertek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just my luck. I went to Walmart and see red and blue xls with sw12 and what not. Maybe I can sell my black xl on eBay (opened) to cover costs for regular price.

hypertek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i may just try exchanging my black back to target when they get red and blues back in stock. From what i read, they shouldnt have any issues allowing me to exchange it. Hopefully i can score a 4.5 and below without looking at the box (if i tell them i just want red or blue and they automatically grab it for me).

xxMergyxx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.psxtools.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I bought a new sealed 3DS XL black with 2013 on the back.
Serial Nr. starts with SEH11623XXX X (Cause of Germany/EU i guess)

It came with 5.1.0-11E, just to let you know.

Also got a German/Europe 3DS XL White Mario Kart 7 Bundle (sealed and new!).
It came with 4.3.0-10E, will add Serial tomorrow when it arrives :)

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Germany, Mediamarkt (electronics chain) Layton Bundle 3DS XL (special Mediamarkt bundle offer, regular retail XL and both 3DS Layton games), blue, serial SEF110x, Lexmark class 4 4GB SDHC, Copyright 2012, Firmware 4.4-10E.

Good luck to all of you hunting for a <=4.5 ;)

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a source of information that states the timeframe of 3DS recolors? Since I have no way to check either the serial or the copyright, I was thinking of getting lucky by getting an old model. I am currently looking at a special offer for a 3DS white model (non-XL), that should be one of the first models that came out, right?

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a source of information that states the timeframe of 3DS recolors? Since I have no way to check either the serial or the copyright, I was thinking of getting lucky by getting an old model. I am currently looking at a special offer for a 3DS white model (non-XL), that should be one of the first models that came out, right?

http://nintendo3ds.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_colors might be of help to you there, although i can't say for sure if these informations are correct.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
http://nintendo3ds.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_colors might be of help to you there, although i can't say for sure if these informations are correct.

Thank you very much. While it indeed there is no guarantee that this is correct, or that it would even work for every model regardless, this is very helpful and exactly what I was looking for. It even shows the differences in regions, that's great.

Reading this thread, it seems like it's much harder to come across a <4.5 system outside of the US. Sucks for me. As I'm looking around for old models, I'll report back here if I find something useful for fellow europeans.

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you very much. While it indeed there is no guarantee that this is correct, or that it would even work for every model regardless, this is very helpful and exactly what I was looking for. It even shows the differences in regions, that's great.

Reading this thread, it seems like it's much harder to come across a <4.5 system outside of the US. Sucks for me. As I'm looking around for old models, I'll report back here if I find something useful for fellow europeans.

You are very welcome.

And like it was already mentioned in this thread: check small stores, especially if they offer gaming stuff only on the side. Drugstores or medium sized supermarkets (not those superstores like WalMart, more like Billa) are prime examples.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You are very welcome.

And like it was already mentioned in this thread: check small stores, especially if they offer gaming stuff only on the side. Drugstores or medium sized supermarkets (not those superstores like WalMart, more like Billa) are prime examples.

The hunting small stores part is not what worries me. It's the fact that while we have tons of information about US serials, there is very little information about the EU ones. I don't even know how to tell what firmwares are safe and what aren't.

As I understand it, with what I've gathered, firmwares come with SEX11XX, where the first "X" is either "H" or "F" (or others) depending on the nation, and the following 4 numbers that appear to function exactly like the US firmware. Am I right?

It seems like the US firmwares are almost always safe as long as they are 12XX, but I don't know what the treshold for the europen ones might be.

TAT_SHINTA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
score, red/black 4.4. sw 1218
there still a LOT of pink/white with older SW i guess. like 20 of em. walmart laurel, md, usa.
and gateway is on sale on modchipsdirect, what a day.

Reactions: Habbert

olfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
The hunting small stores part is not what worries me. It's the fact that while we have tons of information about US serials, there is very little information about the EU ones. I don't even know how to tell what firmwares are safe and what aren't.

As I understand it, with what I've gathered, firmwares come with SEX11XX, where the first "X" is either "H" or "F" (or others) depending on the nation, and the following 4 numbers that appear to function exactly like the US firmware. Am I right?

It seems like the US firmwares are almost always safe as long as they are 12XX, but I don't know what the treshold for the europen ones might be.

damn :(
anyone else could send their eu serial first part ?
#Steena : are you sure the box was sealed ?

on a french forum i found this
SEH10 => fw 4.4
SEH11 => fw 4.5

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
damn :(
anyone else could send their eu serial first part ?
#Steena : are you sure the box was sealed

I merely listed the reports made in this very thread done by other europeans.

In other news, I've been looking around for older model 3DS, and I've come across this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NINTENDO-...d=100033&prg=1011&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=251388492817&
This seller is selling a batch of those and he said the first four numbers on the serial are "1083"

Assuming that's correct and they dispatch you this model, it -SHOULD- be safe to assume that it comes with a <4.5.0 firmware, but of course, I cannot guarantee anything as I don't have it and don't plan on buying it. If anyone knows more about european serials, let us know!

However, the obvious safest bets are buying used systems and having the seller confirm the firmware. I did just that and I got a 4.5.0-10E. But they are hard to find, especially at a decent price.

Soccerdies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought a 3ds xl red at toys r us and got a free starfox 64 3ds with it for 199 plus tax. Sw11xxx serial with 4.4 on it in Wayne, NJ there was one more red left and a blue but im unsure on the blue's serial.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: