Hardware Where to buy SD for wii in canada

ninaga1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does any one know were i can find a 8gb class 6 or 10 sd for under $30? for my wii
yaywii.gif

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the Wii, you should definitely avoid SDHC cards (anything 4GB and over, usually). They cause lots of problems with homebrew.

To answer your question, try Future Shop. They have a Duracell pack (including a 2GB microSD card, an SD adapter, and also a USB adapter for the PC) for just $15. You'll have a hard time finding a better deal. Tested on the Wii and works great.
yaywii.gif

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/dur...c/10126610.aspx?

Picture:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product-alt...9e228c54355en13

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless you really need an sd card for something you should consider an external harddrive way more space for your money

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dust2dust said:
For the Wii, you should definitely avoid SDHC cards (anything 4GB and over, usually). They cause lots of problems with homebrew.
myth-busted.jpg

i've had a transcend 16gb ever since 4.0 1st came out never 1 problem with it. if you pick the right brand that is in the compatibility list you will have NO problems!

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
Dust2dust said:
myth-busted.jpg

i've had a transcend 16gb ever since 4.0 1st came out never 1 problem with it. if you pick the right brand that is in the compatibility list you will have NO problems!

Agreed I have a san disk 16GB SDHC card and have had no problem with homebrew on my Wii! Any application that is important has already updated to include SDHC!

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree get a 4 to 8 GB SD. But, there will be a few apps that don't work. I cant remember exactly which ones as I have been running an external drive for a while. I believe GXGeo, and one other don't have SDHC compatibility.

One benefit to an SD card in addition to an external drive is that I can run 2 different button configurations of the emulator. I have all my games on one, and my Street Fighter II button layout on the SD.

I went through a few SD cards that just don't work too. Make sure you check the compatibility list. I also had a few cards that conflicted with that list though. One that should have worked, and didn't, and vice versa. But your chances are better with the list.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend that you buy SD card from Sandisk, Kingston, or Transcend only. As 3rd party brands tend to cause problem with the Wii. I have a Kodak 2GB SD which Wii is having a hard time to recognize, even formatted with SD formatted.

Also, why would you need a Class 6 and above SD card? The increased speed isn't really benefiting the Wii. Those extra speed are only useful for Camera or Camcorder.

t^2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I got a 2gb SanDisk white SD card that says "Wii" on it from Walmart for $11 last year. If you really want 8gb, you can find 8gb SanDisk microSDHC cards on ebay for about $12, but some homebrew apps are fail with SDHC (anything over 2gb).

DunkrWunkah

GBAtemp's Official Dunkr
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
Dust2dust said:
myth-busted.jpg

Anyone else make a "whooosh-clang!" sound effect when they saw this?

On topic:

Try Wal-Mart?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty