Hacking Where to buy older Cyclo DS card?

Bobbarooskie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all I;ve been away from the scene for awhile. I need to buy my wife a Cyclods card for her ds lite.
Can anyone recommend a good place where I can buy the older Cyclo evolution card that worked only for the ds lites? The one that only used Microsdhc memory cards.

D

Deleted_171835

Check these shops
[shoptemp]42[/shoptemp]​

Also, I would suggest you get a different flashcart such as an Acekard 2i or a Supercard DSTWO instead of a CycloDS.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No get the cyclods the Supercard dstwo is a piece of crap and hardly ever gets updates well for the gba side anyways where the cyclo runs gba pefectly.

D

Deleted_171835

shanefromoz said:
No get the cyclods the Supercard dstwo is a piece of crap and hardly ever gets updates well for the gba side anyways where the cyclo runs gba pefectly.
What the hell are you talking about?

The DSTWO is a great device with a number of great features such as GBA and SNES emulation and a number of things. It also doesn't need constant updates. The CycloDS is overpriced considering other flashcarts that are cheaper have more features and are updates more often.

@OP:
Look at the below chart and this guide for more info
cardchart.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shanefromoz said:
The Supercard DSTwo rarely gets updates because it doesn't need them! That's how good the games compatibility is!
Granted the GBA emulation isn't perfect but the CycloDS can't even do GBA by itself, it NEEDS and EZ Flash 3in1 for perfect GBA games.

But yeah, the Supercard DSTwo is a much better purchase than the CycloDS, it has better features, performs a lot better, and is even cheaper.

D

Deleted-236924

RupeeClock said:
Granted the GBA emulation isn't perfect but the CycloDS can't even do GBA by itself, it NEEDS and EZ Flash 3in1 for perfect GBA games.

Besides, since he has to buy a 3in1 anyway to play GBA games perfectly, he should as well get a DSTwo and a 3in1 for near perfect GBA and perfect NDS compatibility.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
SoulSnatcher said:
shanefromoz said:

The DSTWO is a great device with a number of great features such as GBA and SNES emulation and a number of things. It also doesn't need constant updates. The CycloDS is overpriced considering other flashcarts that are cheaper have more features and are updates more often.

@OP:
cardchart.gif
Weird comparison chart, the DSTWO supports SDHC.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Berthenk said:
SoulSnatcher said:
shanefromoz said:

@OP:
cardchart.gif
Weird comparison chart, the DSTWO supports SDHC.
...so whats the problem then?

D

Deleted-236924

DeathStrudel said:
Does the DS2 officially support the 3-in-1 like the CycloDS does? Or at least does the 3-in-1 work just as well with the DS2?
It works with GBA ExpLoader.

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
DeathStrudel said:
Does the DS2 officially support the 3-in-1 like the CycloDS does? Or at least does the 3-in-1 work just as well with the DS2?
So if you have a DS2 and a 3-in-1, is it better to use the 3-in-1 with all GBA games or just ones that don't work properly on the DS2 itself?

edit: I don't actually own a DS2 or I would test it myself, but I've been thinking about getting one to replace my CycloDS

D

Deleted-236924

DeathStrudel said:
Pingouin7 said:
DeathStrudel said:
So if you have a DS2 and a 3-in-1, is it better to use the 3-in-1 with all GBA games or just ones that don't work properly on the DS2 itself?

edit: I don't actually own a DS2 or I would test it myself, but I've been thinking about getting one to replace my CycloDS
Well, if you think that the DSTwo doesn't emulate the GBA games you want to play well enough, you should play them on the 3in1.
But the downside with the 3in1 is that if the battery inside it runs dry, you will start losing your save files with no warning whatsoever.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pingouin7 said:
DeathStrudel said:
Pingouin7 said:
DeathStrudel said:

Well, if you think that the DSTwo doesn't emulate the GBA games you want to play well enough, you should play them on the 3in1.
But the downside with the 3in1 is that if the battery inside it runs dry, you will start losing your save files with no warning whatsoever.

On the other hand, the cart makes a backup of the save every time it's loaded. If the save isn't backed up, it'll be obvious quite soon that the battery is nearing the end of its life cycle. Personally I've got to say that the 3in1 is superior for GBA than the DS2 if you use a DS/DSL. On the DSi/XL it's a good option, but not a must (compatibility isn't 100%, anyone who has tried it can say so.. It's still emulation). Also the CPU usage with the DSTwo shortens the battery life of the console quite a bit, which should be kept in mind when thinking of playing GBA..

-Qtis

D

Deleted-236924

Qtis said:
If the save isn't backed up, it'll be obvious quite soon that the battery is nearing the end of its life cycle.
I wish it worked like that.
I've had some save files (notably Yoshi's Island) getting deleted randomly, even though my Slot-1 backed up the save files each time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1