Where to buy nyko data bank for ps4 in Europe?

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've been looking to expand my ps4 internal memory and I found this item in amazon america that I am not able to find it in Europe (I am in Italy).

This item basically is an expansion case that would be able to use an external 8tb hard disk as an internal hdd on a ps4.
I discovered this item looking at this video on youtube, do you guys know about it and ho to buy it? (amazon america doesn't sheep it to Italy).

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been looking to expand my ps4 internal memory and I found this item in amazon america that I am not able to find it in Europe (I am in Italy).

This item basically is an expansion case that would be able to use an external 8tb hard disk as an internal hdd on a ps4.
I discovered this item looking at this video on youtube, do you guys know about it and ho to buy it? (amazon america doesn't sheep it to Italy).

A better solution may be to buy an external USB HDD enclosure and use extended storage as that video was made when that wasn't an option. Extended storage supports up to 8TB and the only real downside in my opinion is that the hard drive isn't directly mounted to the console. But that shouldn't matter considering it's not a portable console.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd strongly advise against using internal, if you are exploiting the system. the reason is that you can use an external hdd on another ps4 or even rebuild the database through hen without the headache of a script.

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A better solution may be to buy an external USB HDD enclosure and use extended storage as that video was made when that wasn't an option. Extended storage supports up to 8TB and the only real downside in my opinion is that the hard drive isn't directly mounted to the console. But that shouldn't matter considering it's not a portable console.
Basically you are telling me to buy an eternal 8tb hard disk?

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or 5TB if you don't want to plug it in. that's the largest usb-powered drive I know of.
What's the deal with 5TB limit we've been at for years now? Is that the practical limit for USB-powered drives?

I wonder if we're going to see feasibly cheap 8TB 2.5" SSD drives (that we can power via USB) before we see 6TB+ USB-powered drives?

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the deal with 5TB limit we've been at for years now? Is that the practical limit for USB-powered drives?

I wonder if we're going to see feasibly cheap 8TB 2.5" SSD drives (that we can power via USB) before we see 6TB+ USB-powered drives?
my assumption is tech has moved on. it's all about m.2 drives now.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

It's because 5TB drives will use around 4.2 watts and the max output of USB 3.0 is 4.5 watts. Any higher and you're getting too close to the limit to guarantee a constant supply of power going into the drive.

Mo Poge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because 5TB drives will use around 4.2 watts and the max output of USB 3.0 is 4.5 watts. Any higher and you're getting too close to the limit to guarantee a constant supply of power going into the drive.
Interesting. Would it be possible to power a USB drive using one of those Y-power connectors that basically uses 2 USB ports? I got one of them for a WiiU mod that I've yet to employ for use with an external 2TB 2.5" drive. Supposedly a single WiiU port isn't powerful enough to power a 2.5" USB drive.

Also, I would have thought that tech improvements would have been able to reduce the power load of larger 2.5" HDD drives, but I guess not?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Would it be possible to power a USB drive using one of those Y-power connectors that basically uses 2 USB ports? I got one of them for a WiiU mod that I've yet to employ for use with an external 2TB 2.5" drive. Supposedly a single WiiU port isn't powerful enough to power a 2.5" USB drive.

Also, I would have thought that tech improvements would have been able to reduce the power load of larger 2.5" HDD drives, but I guess not?
I don't think they make drives geared towards that. 5TB drives have become pretty small as is, externally.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

There are actually enclosures designed to take in 12V from a power supply you just plug straight into the wall. And part of the problem when it comes to lowering power consumption is they're already pretty low for what they are. Unless a new motor design is created and found to be more efficient, I don't think we'll ever see much of a decrease in the power usage.

The electronics themselves don't use much, but it's when the motor has to spin up and keep a constant high speed that it uses all that power.

Reactions: Mo Poge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: knuckles vs broly could also be a good one tbh