PS4 - Need to Reinstall Addons everytime I install something new like new Game.

CORE

3:16
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PS4 Pro - Baikal
Firmware - 5.05
1TB Internal HDD - 8TB External HDD

Everytime I install a new Game I need to reinstall all DLC for other Games , the DLC is there but not recognized.

Example - RE3 Game and DLC Installed and works fine.

Installed REVillage Installed and works fine.

Go to Play RE3 but the DLC is not showing up?

Anyway to Reactivate it? Bit of a nuisance having to reinstall everything to make it work , Basically if I want to go back to RE3 I need to Reinstall the DLC and or Updates , sometimes whole damn Game.

Games , DLC , Updates are Installed on External HDD and Gamesaves are on Internal HDD.

X-Project force shutdown my PS4 Pro after enabling HEN and everything went downhill from there although DB all scanned fixed and reinstalled so think this is another issue possibly my External HDD?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something is wrong with your addcont.db, possibly your app.db. that's the dlc and game databases. I know the addcont.db gets reset for fpkg if you get a kernel panic. Back them up asap. I've also encountered weird problems where it got reset, so a backup and reinject fixes it. You may have to restart after that. Logging out then back in might be all that's needed or booting into a game updates the database.

Reactions: CORE

CORE

3:16
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply I will look into the DBs I am also gonna replace Internal HDD with an Internal 2TB SSD and do away with the External HDD. I will post back in this thread any changes or results basically in case the info may help someone else out or myself for future reference.

I have also put Games into a Folder maybe that can cause issues? I read that you yourself had issues moving things around in the UI @godreborn .

I have been using X-Project 1.58 Beta but it shutdown ps4 after quickhen and did not work again and I had to clean cache etc in Browser and Recache with X-Project 1.57 because the 1.58 Beta is no longer being hosted only one URL works for me.

https://darthsternie.net/datafiles/ps4/xproject_505/index.html - 1.57

https://playstationdev.wiki/x/index.html - 1.55 This seems to be even older again.

I do intend to SelfHost eventually via Mobile or something.

I use X-Project because of the vast features in particular Firmware Spoofing RE Village needs it or it does not run even with a Backport applied unless that also because it running off external HDD.

1.X-Project QuickHen - Home Button to exit.
2.X-Project Firmware Spoof - Home Button to exit.
3.Load Game.

That is my steps to get playing.

I am thinking of Updating to 9.00 from 5.05 to avoid some Firmware Spoofing etc but not really sure if beneficial , Just an extra step having to have USB Stick in the Front.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.