Hacking Where to buy an R4 DS

zesta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gameyeeeah.com sets new (low) standards in customer service. It generally takes 3 days to get any response from them, if they respond at all.

-Randy

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yay, My bro just ordered me an Onyx DS Lite, and he paid nothing
biggrin.gif
He just cashed in his flight miles and got it for free
biggrin.gif
Now I need to get an R4. I can't get my bro to order it because he lives in Japan and I have no way of getting the money to him. I'll have to get my cousin to order for me
frown.gif
And he's somewhat of a pothead, but he's sort of reliable >.> Jesus....

mflo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the U.S. And what I want to know is where RealHotStuff ships from. And about DHL delivery service, If I'm not home when they deliver, will they just leave it on my doorstep or will I have to go to a post office and pick it up?

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the U.S. And what I want to know is where RealHotStuff ships from. And about DHL delivery service, If I'm not home when they deliver, will they just leave it on my doorstep or will I have to go to a post office and pick it up?

RealHotStuff ships out of New Jersey, and they normally use USPS. The R4 package should easily fit in the mailbox. Usually, they drop your order in the mail the night you order it.

pcsoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RealHotStuff!!! Fast shipping, US based. Ordered on a Sunday night and arrived Wednesday with cheapest shipping option.

Dealextereme; Cheap price, free shipping but comes from HK. Ordered on 7 Feb, still haven't received it.

unkadean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put one 'yes' vote for Echostore. They have quick service and a good price for the R4. I received it in the mail in California in 2 days through the postal service using the standard shipping
grog.gif
The goods came in the plastic sealed retail R4 box, and the cartridge is working like a charm in my phat DS. The R4 version received is the second one, meaning that it lacks the spare black case for the cartridge. Other than that everything else was included in the box.

The total paid out the door cost me $44.98 US dollars. No rebates or anything. These guys are located in Chicago.
bow.gif

GSBS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mark up a bad service for Gamersection.ca

Not only do they tack on another $5-6 dollars for Canadian parcel taxes (which they SHOULD include for S&H, but decide to neglect till final check-out), but they also charged me an additional $2 because of their stupid conversions through Paypal (again, another dumb inconvenience so they can suck as much profit from the client. They list their stuff in USD, and Paypal can convert a buyer's currency to the sellers, but it probably takes a small portion out for that service - probably the $2 extra I was charged that they didn't think I'd notice.)

On top of their shady pricing, the item took 18 days to arrive. If I end up paying $16 shipping for a small package, it sure as hell shouldn't take 18 days to go from Canada to California.

No complaints about the product though. Just go elsewhere if you aren't a Canadian resident
tongue.gif

S

spectral

Add a yes to supercardstore. Used it numerous times in the past and they ship fast and offer great support and warranty. Whenever I've emailed the owner I've had a reply withina few hours.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Could you add 1 to positive feedback for Divineo China. Have ordered an R4DS from there with the EMS shipping option and it arrived in Australia in under a working week!

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Current status on R4DS from dealxtreme = unknown. They have just sent me an email which tries to explain why my shipment will be delayed further.

wild03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current status on R4DS from dealxtreme = unknown. They have just sent me an email which tries to explain why my shipment will be delayed further.

I also ordered from dealextreme. price was great at $35 OTD.

They do show on the website that the order will not ship until the 25th due to the chinese newyear.
I was not in a hurry since my lite will take a week or so to get here,but this price is at least $10 from
the others I have seen.

Has anybody else seen problems with this vendor?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I also ordered from dealextreme. price was great at $35 OTD.

They do show on the website that the order will not ship until the 25th due to the chinese newyear.
I was not in a hurry since my lite will take a week or so to get here,but this price is at least $10 from
the others I have seen.

Has anybody else seen problems with this vendor?

I realize that, however it seems that due to the very high demand, the product will be shipped even later :S

skaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Two thumbs up for Winsunx.

Ordered two R4s from them because they take PayPal and had the units in stock.

Fast replies and fast FedEx shipping to the U.S.

They also send you the full packaging for the units unlike one of the other foreign shops.

If you're going to order more than one R4, check them out because that will help defray the shipping cost.

Late!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4