Where should I buy it?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by SparkFenix, Aug 12, 2011.

Aug 12, 2011

Where should I buy it? by SparkFenix at 10:36 PM (857 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. SparkFenix
    OP

Member SparkFenix GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    I live in Portugal, and since games take a long time to get here, and even Europe for some games, I'm trying to import a US 3DS.
    I tried Amazon, and I saw the newly cut price, converted to €, is 121€ roughly. I'm trying to get a US one, so I can get games sooner, but I'm not sure if I can order it.
    I checked the help section in amazon and it told me they couldn't ship electronics to outside the US, and in another sections it said shipping electronics to Europe costs 21$ extra.

So I wanted to know if I can buy it from Amazon, or if I should buy it from somewhere else.
    Also I know about eBay, I'm still waiting for their prices to drop.

2. Yeloazndevil

Member Yeloazndevil GBAtemp Regular

United States
    3DS is region locked so if you do buy a US 3DS you can only play US region games.

3. SparkFenix
    OP

Portugal
    I know, which is why I want a US one, since most games come out earlier in the US.
    Not counting the Wii, which I'm afraid will happen.

4. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Nope we get games earlier then US last time. Just buy a EU one and you will be fine!

5. SparkFenix
    OP

Portugal
    I really want overclocked, any EU release date yet?
    Also, I know it's been happening like that with recent games, but I'm not sure if it will stay that way.
    A European one would be much easier though.

6. Langin

Netherlands
    Ohh I have forgotten Icarus(kid) We get it later. >.<

But it is way easier to buy an Eu one since you can buy everything at local stores!

7. SparkFenix
    OP

Portugal
    My local stores get games even later.
    That is if they come here, I had enormous trouble just finding DS megaman games.
    Getting them sooner would be a great plus for me because of that. So you don't recommend a place for me to find one?

8. Langin

Netherlands
    Raaaaahh thats a hard one. Since I live in The Netherlands.

9. Shuji1987

Member Shuji1987 ~

Netherlands
    You might end up shooting yourself in your own foot if you buy a US one. Think about Xenoblade Chronicles one of the most hyped up games for the Wii lately which will release within this week in Europe (followed up by Australia) while the USA doesn't even have a release date and may possibly never get.

But the same thing may be said the other way around. There's simply no telling what may happen. Though I'm not sure if all the extra waiting/possibly costs are something that makes it worth.

Sadly I have no website to inform you about on where to buy it.

10. SparkFenix
    OP

Portugal
    Well Amazon is a bit pricier, and eBay's prices are always changing, so does anyone have a site with stable prices that ships to EU?

EDIT: I'm probably going for a EU one, shipping from Amazon to save 30€. But I'm worried about warranty, will it take months to fix it while I pay for shipping?