Gaming Where is Kirby, Yoshi, F-Zero, Starfox, Donkey Kong Games for Wii??

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
where are these titles on the wii? do you think any of these will be made?

personally i think nintendo has given up on starfox, donkey kong and f-zero

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have typically made one Star Fox game and one F-Zero game per generation. You can't say they've given up on them, considering that neither has skipped a generation yet, and the current gen isn't over yet.

Even Yoshi, they've been continuing on handheld. I think they're only finally starting to realize that Wii can host incredible 2D platformers, something they sort of took a break from after Yoshi's Story. Whether or not we get a Yoshi game, IMO, probably depends on how well NSMBWii sells.

Dr.Killa

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can imagine a very good starfox game for wii..if made right

i think for single player it should be mainly arwing/landmaster and the greatfox is the hangar , the only time you walk on foot.

and for multiplayer, its halo like, which means you can walk on foot or fly or drive cause multiplayer on starfox assualt was fun as hell

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They probably won't be for the Wii ever. It's getting kind of late to announce games, since the new console will most likely come in 2011.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lol for Donkey Kong, the motion sensors would be awesome, you could use the Nunchuk+wiimote motion sensors to bang drums all day.

As for all the others I hope they come back. Except maybe Starfox, the GCN ones sucked.

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
some kind of DK64 sequal would be dope but without rare developing it, it's probably gonna turn out really stupid like DK in space or something.

There's defo going to be an F-zero... we just have to play the waiting game
smile.gif

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Even if nothing is made for the Wii, it would be superb if they remade DK64 and Kirby64 for the DS as they did with Mario64DS. I don't know, at the moment Nintendo feels to me that their shit is all over the place, especially when talking so much about New Super Mario Bros. on the Wii at E3 ;_;

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
MADKATZ99 said:
some kind of DK64 sequal would be dope but without rare developing it, it's probably gonna turn out really stupid like DK in space or something.

There's defo going to be an F-zero... we just have to play the waiting game
smile.gif

Totally! Loved DK64!

As for F-zero, i hope it's more like the first N64 version... I enjoyed that better.

randysteele992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PettingZoo said:
Even if nothing is made for the Wii, it would be superb if they remade DK64 and Kirby64 for the DS as they did with Mario64DS. I don't know, at the moment Nintendo feels to me that their shit is all over the place, especially when talking so much about New Super Mario Bros. on the Wii at E3 ;_;
I don't think they can do anything with dk64 because rare owns it "or something like that,i dont know".

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kirby: He's now really seen as a handheld fit character. He's had Canvas Curse, Squeak Squad, and Super Star Ultra, all for the DS. Outside Crystal Shards and Dream Course, all of his games are incredibly built for modern day handhelds.

Yoshi: He'll be appearing in Super Mario Galaxy 2. And again, he's being seen as a platformer character and a handheld one. He was in Super Mario 64 DS and Yoshi's Story DS. He's also more of a "supporting cast" for Mario, since he's only had Yoshi's Story games but appears in every Mario Party, Kart, Baseball, whatever.

Donkey Kong: DK64 was developed by Rare, and although DK is trademarked by Nintendo, they're not gonna have the success that Rare did (Rare is now owned by Microsoft, which is why Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, DK64, and Banjo-Kazooie games aren't on the VC). He's also in practically any Mario game with multiple characters (Mario Kart, Party, Strikers, whatever). And he does have Donkey Kong Barrel Blast for the Wii

Star Fox: I made a thread about this earlier. It just hasn't been a priority most likely, since other been name titles (Metroid, Super Mario) have been enormously successful. And Flight Action games aren't exactly a popular genre.

F-Zero: The GC version didn't do great, and Mario Kart became a far more successful racer. It's just a declining franchise.

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lubbo said:
i think New Super Mario Bros. Wii was a stupid idea and they should have brought out a 'new' game

You mean like Super Mario Galaxy 2?

I like New Super Mario Bros. for Wii, can't wait to play the multiplayer mayhem
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong