Where is atlus now?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Stealth Fox, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2010

Where is atlus now? by Stealth Fox at 7:31 PM (1,512 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Stealth Fox
    OP

Newcomer Stealth Fox Advanced Member

United States
    No luminous arc 3, no taisen exceed, and EO III is getting released tommorrow....

Where did they go, and are they abandoning ds localizations like square?

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    FFS sake. They release games when they can. They're a small company so the don't have the same resources as Nintendo and Square. Ergo they have to be careful. Also according to wikpedia (not the best source I know) but the last DS game they released (in the US) bar Strange journey was Devil Survivor so they have a record for taking their time.

Also Atlus, please please set up a Europe division. I make an effort to buy your games in Europe becasue I can't always import.

3. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    I'm feeling a bawwwwww from this post.

4. Isabelyes

Member Isabelyes GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    They've released some other games for other consoles since SMT: SJ came out, AFAIK.

5. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well, first off, SMT: SJ just came out. That's a localization. They're not abandoning the DS. EDIT: As per other consoles, there was Shiren the Wanderer for the Wii somewhat recently and they're going for the next Persona PSP game to be localized.

Stop making these threads/posts. Complaining about issues that you clearly lack understanding in is very annoying. A company functions to make a profit, not to please people. The DS is also entering it's end stages and most companies won't bother localizing games on a system that could easily have a successor in the next year. You just post the same points over and over again without any real support, even after those points have been proven to be flawed.

6. Stealth Fox
    OP

Newcomer Stealth Fox Advanced Member

United States
    This is about atlus not finishing the series they started....scum......

7. Isabelyes

Member Isabelyes GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Oops, my bad, I meant Devil Survivor. Sorry!

8. suruz

Member suruz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    No!! No, the DS is still awesome and I refuse to let it die!! D:

What!? Atlus is NOT scum, they're one of the best localizing companies out there! We can all wait a while longer for games, and they've already released so many awesome ones! Damn.. still need to finish Persona 4.. it's gathering dust -____-

9. Njrg

Banned Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

United States

10. Jeff88

Member Jeff88 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    To be honest the OP has been calling other companies scum as well.
    It's tough word coming from a pirate you know? You are (me too) the scums here.

11. choconado

Member choconado Doesn't understand a damn thing on here

United States
    I doubt the DS is really on its last legs. They just came out with the DSiXL. It's the GBASP all over again. It's a cheap but effective move to keep the system chugging along: Make a minor improvement on the hardware you probably could have done initially, and suddenly its like you have a new system to sell with the years worth of a game library at your disposal! I doubt we'll see the 3DS on US shores until at least the 2011 holiday season, and the old system will still probably have a shelf life of at least a good two years after that, with the first year being the slow dry of new titles, and the second being that time period where its all still sold, at slowly reducing prices.

Keep in mind that the NDS is the highest selling video game system of all time. It's not going to drop off the face of the earth when the next system hits the shelves. Hell, the PS2 still has shelf space at all the general markets, and it's been dead for what? three years?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.